Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

sloth

Mar 22, 2021
Florida
Hello All. I just wanted to know and what to expect with these current model y delivery times. I ordered mine on the 31st of March and on my account currently am seeing an expected delivery date of April 30 to May 20. It keeps changing. Are they usually accurate, can they be early? Thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

BMWY

Mar 29, 2021
Newark
I ordered mine on 4/2 and the delivery range was originally late May / early June. However, this morning that changed to late April / early May.

Profink

Mar 14, 2021
Sherman Oaks
I declined my original delivery scheduled for 03/25 and requested a 04/01 delivery date. My account showed nothing until this past Saturday when it updated to 1 to 2 weeks, then yesterday switch to April 7th - 10th, and now shows 8th - 11th.

nart

Nov 26, 2020
Piedmont, CA
I ordered last night with an delivery ETA of 5-9 weeks for pickup in San Francisco. Woke up this morning and saw that it had been updated to May 4 - May 24.

dc5itr888

Nov 13, 2020
Los Angeles
I ordered mine two weeks ago and have a VIN and Delivery/Pickup Date of April 6th-9th. (MYP w/ 151xxx range)

I even got a text from them stating to click on link to schedule delivery / pickup appointment.

So far the Delivery/ Pickup has been delayed. I believe last week it was April 2nd-6th. Seems like they are out of appointments constantly that or their website's calendar appointment hast been disabled to show non available.

I'm not too worried about it because I'm not in rush for a car, and the longer it keeps getting delayed, the later my car note needs to be paid.

Reactions: beezy

sloth

Mar 22, 2021
Florida
I ordered mine two weeks ago and have a VIN and Delivery/Pickup Date of April 6th-9th. (MYP w/ 151xxx range)

I even got a text from them stating to click on link to schedule delivery / pickup appointment.

So far the Delivery/ Pickup has been delayed. I believe last week it was April 2nd-6th. Seems like they are out of appointments constantly that or their website's calendar appointment hast been disabled to show non available.

I'm not too worried about it because I'm not in rush for a car, and the longer it keeps getting delayed, the later my car note needs to be paid.
I ordered mine on the 31st of march . I just have an estimated delivery time of April 30

dc5itr888

Nov 13, 2020
Los Angeles
I declined my original delivery scheduled for 03/25 and requested a 04/01 delivery date. My account showed nothing until this past Saturday when it updated to 1 to 2 weeks, then yesterday switch to April 7th - 10th, and now shows 8th - 11th.
Not sure if this made a difference with my order but I ordered 3/25, they wanted to delivery on 28th of March. I told my SA to take me out of Que due to expecting 1-10 weeks at order. I recently as of last week pushed the "Im ready" on my account and they assigned me a new vin the next day , it was 2 dights off of the 1st vin I was assigned so same production date of late March. Not sure if Tesla has a priority list of people that declined and now are ready vs the people that just ordered and waiting for VIN/ Delivery date.

I'm sure geographically there's a difference there as well in terms of ETAs

sloth

Mar 22, 2021
Florida
Not sure if this made a difference with my order but I ordered 3/25, they wanted to delivery on 28th of March. I told my SA to take me out of Que due to expecting 1-10 weeks at order. I recently as of last week pushed the "Im ready" on my account and they assigned me a new vin the next day , it was 2 dights off of the 1st vin I was assigned so same production date of late March. Not sure if Tesla has a priority list of people that declined and now are ready vs the people that just ordered and waiting for VIN/ Delivery date.

I didn’t know there is an “I’m ready” button. I am just at the upload insurance screen.

Miguelst

Apr 6, 2021
Puerto Rico
Hello All. I just wanted to know and what to expect with these current model y delivery times. I ordered mine on the 31st of March and on my account currently am seeing an expected delivery date of April 30 to May 20. It keeps changing. Are they usually accurate, can they be early? Thanks.
I ordered mine on March 11 ... just called today and they told me by June :(
LR white induction wheels 5 seater

dc5itr888

Nov 13, 2020
Los Angeles
I didn’t know there is an “I’m ready” button. I am just at the upload insurance screen.
I think that only applies for some of us that asked to be delayed/ be un qued from a vin. I initially wanted to take delivery sometime late April or Mid May.

I'm on a different boat and was presented with 1-10 weeks initially ( Was really expecting anything 3 weeks and over) but then got assigned a vin in less than 24 hours which was tempting but didnt want to be in that of a rush especially with end of quarter pushes from Tesla.

Reactions: MBx4 and sloth

sloth

Mar 22, 2021
Florida
I think that only applies for some of us that asked to be delayed/ be un qued from a vin. I initially wanted to take delivery sometime late April or Mid May.

I'm on a different boat and was presented with 1-10 weeks initially ( Was really expecting anything 3 weeks and over) but then got assigned a vin in less than 24 hours which was tempting but didnt want to be in that of a rush especially with end of quarter pushes from Tesla.
Ah ok got it

Profink

Mar 14, 2021
Sherman Oaks

Not sure if I got priority or not. The gave me a delivery pickup day of the 12th (for the original car it was home delivery). Trying to get a hold of a SA to try to get the car sooner or have it dropped off. Forgot to copy down the original VIN, but I'm in the 161xxx range now.

GeekyDoc

Jan 18, 2021
PA
Interesting. I heard inventory is almost non-existent at this stage. Why the sudden increase in delivery times? Something to do with the way they manufacture?

Reactions: olsookie

dc5itr888

Nov 13, 2020
Los Angeles
I got another text from Tesla with a link to schedule my delivery appointment but when I click on the link, it states to try back tomorrow at 8am. I tried this morning and yesterday but seems like that system might be broken or just falsely being directed to use.

As far as stock goes, Im pretty sure the VIN I got assigned was intended for end of quarter push and most likely wasn't allocated fast enough to someone's order specs. After all my original vin was just 2 numbers lower and when I asked to Un matched from that VIN, it went to someone else.

There are too many rumors going around the forums vs facts in terms of production and inventory. As far as production goes, its anyone's guess on how fast they are pumping out cars since its a new quarter.

dc5itr888

Nov 13, 2020
Los Angeles
I forgot to add that my latest text from Tesla mentioned if I dont schedule a appointment by this afternoon that they will ASSIGN one to me.

I prefer to control my own schedule so I guess Ill be calling the Tesla Delivery Center

BMWY

Mar 29, 2021
Newark
Interesting. I heard inventory is almost non-existent at this stage. Why the sudden increase in delivery times? Something to do with the way they manufacture?
Yep, on last check there were six new MYPs in the ENTIRE country. Not sure how that works for a mainstream manufacturer, but ok.

shingles

Feb 23, 2021
Texas, USA
According to several posts on TMC, the first month of the quarter involves making cars for export, have no clue if that's true, but it does match up to the delivery timelines.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC