Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Order Model Y, mentions it can be delivered to closer Tesla service center - no mention of cost and time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at an inventory Model Y in Cincinnati. I'm much closer to Lyndhurst and it has a button to deliver to Lyndhurst, but in the breakdown, doesn't offer any additional cost and it doesn't offer the time frame. I'm looking at getting it prior to March 31st for the deal. Anyone have done something similar that could provide insight on if it is safe to order without expecting a big upcharge or delay past March 31st?

I was looking at an inventory Model Y in Cincinnati. I'm much closer to Lyndhurst and it has a button to deliver to Lyndhurst, but in the breakdown, doesn't offer any additional cost and it doesn't offer the time frame. I'm looking at getting it prior to March 31st for the deal. Anyone have done something similar that could provide insight on if it is safe to order without expecting a big upcharge or delay past March 31st?
The destination charge is the same, $1390 to any Tesla Delivery Center, in your case in Lyndhurst.

Sometimes, although the car is marked in inventory it is “in transit - arriving soon”. Is the car marked as in transit?

In any case, your car (in inventory) will be delivered before 31 March - Tesla pushes delivery before the quarter ends, hence the incentive.

The destination charge is the same, $1390 to any Tesla Delivery Center, in your case in Lyndhurst.

Sometimes, although the car is marked in inventory it is “in transit - arriving soon”. Is the car marked as in transit?

In any case, your car (in inventory) will be delivered before 31 March - Tesla pushes delivery before the quarter ends, hence the incentive.
It's marked as immediately available at Cinci and in transit on the Lyndhurst button

@CoolBuddy - The above is correct. Mine was still in Austin Texas, Tesla showed it in inventory Long Beach CA. I thought I was picking it up the next day, put my $250 down and was given a delivery date in two weeks.

Last edited:
@CoolBuddy - The above is correct. Mine was still in Austin Texas, Tesla showed it in inventory Long Beach CA. I thought I was picking it up the next day, put my $250 down and was given a delivery date in two weeks.
I see now where I was looking at it wrong. Since the spec and the pricing was the same on that car, but the pricing was different from an identical spec car at another location, I assumed it was the same car. It explains why it showed the In Transit on it. I figured it was just a website software error. :D

I hope since they want to get these out by the March 31 deadline as much as I want to receive it by then that I can take delivery for the promotion. Getting the red for the price of the base color as well as the inventory car being $2600 off the price and the $1000 bump in April and tax credit of $7500, it will give the car a little headstart on depreciation of about $13,000 compared to the same car should the tax credit go away like for the Model 3, or at least $5600 off the order price after then with no incentive. FSD is transferring too, which is a bonus, but not really worth anything.

I see now where I was looking at it wrong. Since the spec and the pricing was the same on that car, but the pricing was different from an identical spec car at another location, I assumed it was the same car. It explains why it showed the In Transit on it. I figured it was just a website software error. :D

I hope since they want to get these out by the March 31 deadline as much as I want to receive it by then that I can take delivery for the promotion. Getting the red for the price of the base color as well as the inventory car being $2600 off the price and the $1000 bump in April and tax credit of $7500, it will give the car a little headstart on depreciation of about $13,000 compared to the same car should the tax credit go away like for the Model 3, or at least $5600 off the order price after then with no incentive. FSD is transferring too, which is a bonus, but not really worth anything.
When does it arrive at Lyndhurst location?

Last edited:
When does it arrive at Lyndhurst location?
I called and they confirmed it is actually in transit (implying that it isn't always in transit when it claims it is haha) and that it should arrive on the 23rd so I should be able to pick it up well before the deadline. Pretty sweet deal I think. Excluding the transfer of the FSD, it was discounted $2600 and they will discount it a further $2000 when I go to pick it up and pay. Add in the tax credit and it's a savings of $12,100. Add in the price increase on April 1st and the cost of FSD if I wasn't transferring it and it's $25,100 off, but if I had to buy a new car because something happened to my old one, I would not be paying for the frustration of FSD again. They'd have to pay me or transfer it lol.

Reactions: RoBoRaT