Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CA is 7.5% (I believe). PA is 6% statewide, but can be up to 8% depending on which county you live in. Philadelphia, for example, is 8%. Only the PA portion of the CA sales tax would be reimbursed though.
Not necessarily. Depends on County/City as well. Some areas have a sales tax as high as 10.75%!

• Informative
Reactions: PatrickTM
Curious what your trade-in offer is. Tesla offered $36.5k for my 2018 LR AWD, Aero's, EAP. I also have acceleration boost, but my guess is no credit for that. There's about 34,000 miles on it. I'm sure I'll need to get a new trade-in value since the offer was accepted almost 30 days ago. Maybe it will go up...

Vroom offered $38.7k. The Tesla offer works out to be better because of the tax reduction in the trade-in. KBB lists trade-in as $41k+.

$43k. Mine is 2018 LR First Production, which means RWD, free premium connectivity, premium upgrade package or whatever it was being called with FSD and only 23k miles.

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM and TMK26
Confused a bit on the sales tax benefit with trading in. I'm sure it varies state to state, but does what you owe on the trade come into play in regards to the trade in "credit" as far as taxes go?

For example, I currently owe $51k on my existing vehicle (2020 Ford Raptor). Tesla offered me $65k, Vroom $69,500 and a local dealer $70k. My assumption was my tax reduction if I traded in on the Tesla would be $14k (the difference between the Tesla offer and the loan balance).

This is a really good question and one I'd want to know too. My trade in for the S was paid off; my trade in for the 3 was too. So I definitely only paid sales tax on the difference between the Tesla's price and the trade in value.

This time around I still owe around $8k on my trade-in, but if we figure out that the sales tax is on the trade-in value less the loan, I'd be inclined to pay it off before delivery. Since I'm in the city, it's the whole 8%. Woof. If only I were inclined to commit insurance fraud I could register at my second home in NJ and pay ZERO sales tax.

Reactions: PatrickTM
This is a really good question and one I'd want to know too. My trade in for the S was paid off; my trade in for the 3 was too. So I definitely only paid sales tax on the difference between the Tesla's price and the trade in value.

This time around I still owe around $8k on my trade-in, but if we figure out that the sales tax is on the trade-in value less the loan, I'd be inclined to pay it off before delivery. Since I'm in the city, it's the whole 8%. Woof. If only I were inclined to commit insurance fraud I could register at my second home in NJ and pay ZERO sales tax.

If you own the home in NJ then I don't see how it's insurance fraud. I know many people who have a house at the Jersey shore and one in PA and register their vehicles in NJ, but primarily live in PA.

• Informative
Reactions: PatrickTM and MBx4
You won the internet for the day. For some reason this got me good. See everyone tomorrow, I don’t need anything else from the internet today.
E0335680-DFCA-4654-96E4-05983D5DA9CA.gif

I got VIN Saturday and today I got my delivery date and time. I haven't had to complete any paperwork and the approved financing has run out. I thought that with the delivery date and time then the agreement button that says "review" would be activated.
I also thought I had to put a down payment on the car to receive delivery. My SA is out of town so not sure what is going on. Anyone know the process?

the amazon floormats don't have side lips that create a pooling which is needed for salt water in winter
I had WeatherTechs in my last car and they were worth every penny for that lip. I spilled an entire cup of coffee and just pulled the entire mat out and dumped it out. Not a drop got on the carpets 😅

When your reading this thread and an email comes in from Tesmanian but you just see the word Tesla. That gets the blood going.
yep... on the same page.. I got gmail alert and in the notification bar, I saw TES***** and I was like OH MANNNNNN .. MAMAAAAA .. I was blessed.. Then I realized it was TESMANIAN and I was so vexed that I just went and unsubscribed.

This is what happens when your thoughts are faster than your eyes. UNLUCKY

Maybe I missed it already - If you get them both available over the same, call it 3-day window, which will you take (and why)?

Also, if you're still taking bets, I always go for the underdog. Put me down for 5 on the LR - I'm good for it.
let's just say there is a reason i ordered the lr in the first place. biggest issue i had with my model s was range so i want as many miles as i can get. also, i don't care about the extra speed, i don't want the bigger wheels, lower stance, sports tuning and spoiler.

let's just say there is a reason i ordered the lr in the first place. biggest issue i had with my model s was range so i want as many miles as i can get. also, i don't care about the extra speed, i don't want the bigger wheels, lower stance, sports tuning and spoiler.
was your order on hold? if so, your date should be the hold date .. so technically you fall under july bucket rather than March bucket.

$43k. Mine is 2018 LR First Production, which means RWD, free premium connectivity, premium upgrade package or whatever it was being called with FSD and only 23k miles.
That's a good number! I also have free premium connectivity and premium upgrade package. I paid the $5k for Enhanced Autopilot and not the $8k (I think that was the price at the time) for FSD.

Reactions: PhillyGal
That is exactly what I am hearing as well. I ordered a set this morning to see what I think. Easy to return with Amazon.
There are still only 1 or maybe 2 options on Amazon for a 7 seat config. I'm surprised it is taking so long for the main manufacturers of the popular floormats to come up with the final design for the 7 seat versions.
The Maxpider mats were supposed to be available in 7 seat back in April, then summer, now September. I think they have the same EDD Tesla uses.

1628193629178.png

Question for all. And I apologize if this has been answered...

What's been the general experience regarding EDD and actual delivery. Does the delivery date tend to be closer to the beginning date or end date.

I ordered my MYLR White/White on 6/21 and my latest EDD is 8/30-9/19. Should I expect delivery closer to 8/30 or closer to 9/19?
Neither 😜 I had original dates in June and was assured by my SA when I ordered I would have my car in Q2. Then in July. Then they stopped contacting me or answering my attempts to communicate once per month. My EDD, like so many others here, has shifted by a day every day for the last month or so...
In all seriousness, the EDD you have listed is meaningless until you receive a VIN. And even then is questionable.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
just called Tesla. 😒 Joy! 😠

My “soft-match” was moved from Aug 7 to Aug 13th. Expected soft Delivery moved from Aug 22 to Aug 29.

Im so upset.

They give ppl to much time to change their minds. After 1.5 months you already wanna buy another car.
But I think you’d just start the process over and have a car that maybe you won’t love as much. My husband said people are waiting 7 months for new Duramax trucks right now 😳😳