Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So trying to login to my account this morning (I have 2fa setup), but after entering my login and pass I'm just met with the spinning circle. Anyone else having this issue? Clearly not everyone as I see some very excited folks in the forums getting their VINs today
tes.png

Haha, I now feel like the year is going to be the new Easter egg we’re all dying for. Watch it just be a coincidence in your case, but really it’s just Tesla trolling all of us, like with the “greyed-out blue button” in July lol

congrats on your VIN though!!
Definitely not a coincidence. That has been happening to everyone, myself included. I actually had a distill monitor set up to watch that spot on the dashboard page and sure enough - got the alert right that 2021 was added around the time I got my VIN!

My order date is April 3, its been 145 days. They offered delivery in June but I thought I would wait for the Infrastructure bill to pass and see if they extend tax rebates for Tesla, and didn't take the delivery. It looks like they put me way back in the line. My EDD was stable at 9/15 - 9/30 for few weeks and now it is 10/11-10/31. I am not hopeful of the tax credits any more and would take delivery if they offer. Not sure if I will get a vin in Q3. Fingers crossed.
Yup, sounds like you are being treated same as a June order, as your EDD of 9/15 to 9/30 is consistent with most June orders. VIN should be coming soon, hopefully in the next couple weeks!

Reactions: MBx4 and Rovin
Good Morning all...i have a question about charging. what are my options other than spending $500 plus installation for a wall charger? What am i able to do with the Gen 2 NEMA Adapters? Those are only about $40 each. Can i just use those instead of the full wall charger and have the electrician figure out what to do? I'm literally clueless. happy to have found this forum otherwise i would like drive the new car for 275 miles then never be able to drive again because i couldnt figure out how to charge...car coming in next 10 days. thanks in advance...
You have a fair number of options. Unless you need the absolute fastest charging then you don’t need the Tesla Wall Connector. Search on this forum and you will find a lot of useful information on other threads.

Tom

Reactions: PatrickTM
Good Morning all...i have a question about charging. what are my options other than spending $500 plus installation for a wall charger? What am i able to do with the Gen 2 NEMA Adapters? Those are only about $40 each. Can i just use those instead of the full wall charger and have the electrician figure out what to do? I'm literally clueless. happy to have found this forum otherwise i would like drive the new car for 275 miles then never be able to drive again because i couldnt figure out how to charge...car coming in next 10 days. thanks in advance...
Essentially, yes, the solution you're describing will work just fine. No need to buy a $500 Wall *Connector* if your utility company isn't paying you to buy it, and a *$45* NEMA 14-50 adapter works fine. That's my personal opinion. Others here love their Wall Connectors and yes, they're great products that provides some additional benefits.

More details: your new car will come with the UMC (Universal Mobile *Connector*, aka charging cable) and a plug for the standard wall outlet. Standard outlets are 120v. You can get a plug for a NEMA 14-50 outlet, which allows 240v charging while still using the UMC. The UMC on a NEMA 14-50 outlet will charge about 6x faster than a standard wall outlet. If you don't have a NEMA 14-50 plug where you park your car, then ask your electrician for a quote to install one. These are the same plugs as used by dryer plugs and hobby welders people often have in their garage, your electrician will be very familiar with them. Price depends on electrician labor rates, permitting requirements, and length of wire to be pulled from the breaker to the outlet location. Potentially could be $1k or more.

• Helpful
Reactions: BitJam and DDubbsEV
So I was kind of bitter that my wife ordered her BMW X3M first week of August, it went through production and we took delivery of it yesterday. Meanwhile, I placed my Tesla order on June 21 and still nothing.

Until this morning when I logged in and saw "2021 Tesla Model Y". It's VIN day! 257***

Delivery shifted to Sept 6-12. It had been sitting at Sept 4-19 since Saturday. Now it's a matter of looping in my trade as I wasn't doing anything leading up to getting a VIN for fear of losing it.

Hoping a downpour of VINs today for all!!!
Same here - since I ordered back in early May, I just had it as cash. But I am going to switch to financing and trade-in. Didn’t want to do any of that until I had my VIN and I’m glad I didn’t now because financing would have expired at least twice, trade-in would have expired multiple times.

I do need a DCU referral if anyone can help me out with that! Tried to PM someone that I know was offering, but unable to do so. Thanks in advance!

My plan is to apply for Tesla financing, then apply for DCU and see if they can get me the better rate, then have Tesla match that if so. Tesla trade-in was by far the highest for my vehicle which is super weird, but I’ll take it. So if I can trade-in and just finance with Tesla I’m hoping that is the path of least resistance and easiest way to manage delivery day.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Picked up our MYP in Savannah yesterday! This pic is probably a lot different than most delivery day pics--we had asked our SC to basically not touch the car at all. No prep, no detailing, leave the plastic on...and they honored the request (albeit not without several [understandably] confused reactions). We tend to keep our vehicles for a while and don't drive a ton (for perspective, I accepted delivery of my 2019 Wrangler in Dec 2018 and have 6,424 miles on it today), so it's relatively easy to keep them looking new for a very long time. And if there are going to be any swirl marks, scratches, or dings...we want to be the ones who put them there. As an added benefit, it also prevents anyone from wanting to take it for a spin before we pick it up (and to that point, the car had 4 miles on it when we got in).

As for the delivery itself, it was so simple and straightforward, it was somewhat anticlimactic. Everyone at the SC was super nice, gave us as much time as we wanted with the Y to review/inspect it, we then paid for it on my phone via Plaid, signed an affidavit that we weren't GA residents, connected our phones, threw on a temp tag, and took off.

As for the quality, there were no glaring issues at all. The back doors require a little extra "oomph" to fully close, not sure if that's normal, but it's on both sides...there are some slightly (and I'm being very picky here) uneven panel gaps...and some unevenness as you run your hand from panel to panel....it's all not perfect, but probably well within spec. And honestly, overall it looks fantastic.

The only real issue I found was when I got it home and really looked closely, I have many tiny specs of rust (I believe the term is rail rust) throughout all skyward-facing surfaces on the paint. Although a bit unsightly, these are relatively easily removable--it just has to be done with care, which I'd much prefer myself to do rather than having someone who doesn't care about my car just clean it up. From my understanding, rail rust actually impacts the top layer of paint and therefore doesn't impact the integrity of the underlying metal surface at all. Once cleaned/remove, proper paint care will be sufficient to ensure there aren't any long-lasting adverse effects. Would I prefer a car that was manufactured on 10 August (basically two weeks ago) to not have them? Of course. Is it that big of a deal where I wouldn't have accepted the car? Certainly not. Do I mind dealing with it myself? It's fine...there will always be small issues...it's a car, after all.

I of course enjoyed the ride back to Charleston. Interestingly, the camera had to "calibrate" through about the first five miles of the trip back before it would engage cruise control/AP. And I also learned it will punish you by not allowing Auto Pilot "for the rest of the drive" if you accelerate beyond the speed limit for Auto Steer (resolvable by throwing it park briefly). Lesson learned.

Anyway, that was our delivery experience. Looking forward to hearing about all of yours!
IMG_2634.jpeg

Last edited:
What an exciting day already! So glad to see so many VINs coming in! Hoping that trend continues. Congrats to everyone that has gotten their VIN!

Got mine today. If you look at the Teslike page, May 26-28 was a dramatic spike in VIN's issued. That was 1 month prior to EOQ. We're currently 1 month away from EOQ, so I'd expect a lot of VIN's to be coming in the next few days!
Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 9.31.12 AM.png

The only real issue I found was when I got it home and really looked closely, I have many tiny specs of rust (I believe the term is rail rust) throughout all skyward-facing surfaces on the paint. Although a bit unsightly, these are relatively easily removable--it just has to be done with care, which I'd much prefer myself to do rather than having someone who doesn't care about my car just clean it up.

Carpro Iron X to get rid of the rust (or any iron remover). Warning: any iron remover product smells horrible!

Aside from that I thought for a sec there was a huge gash in the lower front bumper until I realized it's the white wrap

I’m not sure what part of NY you’re located. I’m in LI and ordered a JuiceBox charger through PSEG and got a instant $500 discount. I also signed up for another promotion where they pay me if I charge during off peak. It also comes with a $50 sign on bonus. They have 2 available. JuiceBox and Chargepoint. I plan to install a 14-50 and plug the JuiceBox into it. The Tesla WC is sleek and the best looking out there but it’s not offered as part of this promotion through PSEG. Only smart WC are supported.

Carpro Iron X to get rid of the rust (or any iron remover). Warning: any iron remover product smells horrible!

Aside from that I thought for a sec there was a huge gash in the lower front bumper until I realized it's the white wrap

Haha, yeah, that white wrap on the bottom was FILLED with bugs when we got home. Nice little protection!

And I'm a fan of Griot's products. Going to give the Griot's Iron & Fallout Remover a shot after pretreating with a clay bar.

Got mine today. If you look at the Teslike page, May 26-28 was a dramatic spike in VIN's issued. That was 1 month prior to EOQ. We're currently 1 month away from EOQ, so I'd expect a lot of VIN's to be coming in the next few days!View attachment 701609

Please choose me Elon! I bet this is why he has said he sleeps in his office woroking 20 hour days; he's probably individually determining which of us should receive a VIN, and that takes a lot of time. We thought it was the interns, it's really the Musk.

Hey folks, been away for awhile taking care of some stuff for work. Got a VIN today.
OOD: 29 May
EDD Before Vin: 9/5-9/13, held that for 5 days before VIN, history in Sig
VIN: 258XXX
New EDD: 9/6-9/12

@GoGators! @MBx4 @ajs847

Finally!!!! So excited for you and all the Vinners!!! I predicted this would be a good week!!

Please choose me Elon! I bet this is why he has said he sleeps in his office woroking 20 hour days; he's probably individually determining which of us should receive a VIN, and that takes a lot of time. We thought it was the interns, it's really the Musk.
He likely reads forums and social media and then finds that person in the order queue and acts accordingly. Promoting Dogecoin probably moves one up in the ranks.