Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WATERMELON has arrived. Picked it up yesterday in Richmond around 2 PM. As we arrived our license plate was on the car- a permanent one not a temporary one as I was expecting. The car was gorgeous! I will send pictures once I figure out how to get them from my iphone to some format I can attach them to a message for this forum. We looked over the car and it was absolutely perfect - nothing wrong with anything. We walked into the Tesla Center and talked to someone who was very helpful. He came out and walked us through some basic things and answered all my dumb questions. He helped set up two separate keys - Iphone for me and Key Fob for the other half. People were crawling all over the place buying cars and picking up cars. Two couples actually peeked at our car and then went inside and bought a red Model Y. Tesla guy said the most popular car right now was the M3 which was surprising. He said they were delivering 60 cars this weekend and staying very busy. A truck pulled up with 9 (I think) new cars.

The process for us was super simple, we paid in advance via Wire Transfer and that was acknowledged in the paper work. We had to both sign 6 things which I have no idea what they were but I am guessing they were legitimate. He asked if we had any questions and we had only one --- how to turn off the radio :). And then we drove off. I was amazed at how easy it was and how simple the process was for us.

I asked about the whole SA thing. He said that is evolving as everything Tesla and that it is going to morph into something else here in the near future. So if you don't like or don't have an SA not a big deal. I think Tesla wants everyone you talk to to have knowledge about your car and that you do not need to depend on one person. I know when I called Tesla they had my phone number on file so the person on the other end knew my name and car order before I even said a word.

How does the car drive...... OOOOOOLLLLAAAAALLLLLAAA. What a charmer. It is stiff which I will need to get used to but it is solid. You get a lot of car for the money. The rear view mirror is dark but everything is very visible. The ride is high which helps getting in and out and you see so clearly. The smell is fabulous :) The car can move, there are a lot of bells and chimes you can set up. It is addictive (so I can replace my addiction to checking my account with my new addiction of driving MY MY).

Yes it is worth the wait. I am happy we went through what we went through and that I got an opportunity to come on here and learn from all of you. I loved this whole process and will miss my routine of checking in, looking at my account and trying to be positive. I feel pretty lucky.

Congratulations on all the VINS Welcome to the Tesla Family!!

Care to share what your trade in was and what was offered (ballpark) by the various companies? Wanting to do this to make it easy when I get my MY LR and get rid of my SR+ M3 but Tesla has been really lowballing on Tesla trade ins compared to the market value.
Sure! It is a Mazda 3 and over the last 3 months I had offers between low $16k and high $18k range from different companies. The offers from CarMax and Tesla this week where in the high $18k. Took the Tesla one for convenience. I would've paid the CarMax offer difference in having to rent a car for a few days anyway so went the Tesla route. It is insane that the trade-in value of my car jumped +$2k over the weeks while I was still adding miles to it. Good time to sell a car!

Can I ask when you would normally add the trade-in? After you get your VIN or after you set your delivery date? So far the quote I got from Tesla has been the highest (crazy, right?), but I'm still months away from taking delivery so I don't want to do anything with my current car just yet.
You can select the trade-in option initially as you complete the profile. But once any payment form, including trade-in is set in place, the only way to add / change things is to call Tesla / your SA if you have one and have them update your profile. The last minute trade-in change for me was all done via phone and texting with my SA.

Could've nabbed '21 red/white/induction/tow from inventory this morning but didn't pull trigger. Myriad reasons but at this stage/date I'd prefer a 2022, my BMW lease has another 40+ days to go, curious about prospective EV credit, don't need $1K tow, config is $5K more than white/white/19" Gemini, (my preference although red/white is close second). Was tempted but timing seems off. My lease may expire before my DD. A month from now I would've snagged it. That's my story.

While you are waiting, as I was several months ago, check out this Martian setup I have listed: Martian MW03 20" setup for sale

IMG_1488.jpeg

Last edited:
It was 10/13-11/5 and 10/25-11/14 before that so it’s been moving forward the past few weeks. There’s no reason to think it won’t push out to the future again. There was a time when I had an EDD range in August.
Fingers crossed it keeps going in the right direction! Mine started in October - pushed out as far as February - and is now back to Nov 23-Dec 13.

Good Luck!

Reactions: morpheus2969

Just Installed the Hansshow Power Frunk! Originally was worried about the difficulty of the install, but it turned out to be not so bad! LOVE it!
I’m on the fence. Don’t have the car yet. Was planning to buy it in advance to have the pleasure of installing it as soon as I get the car. Holding off for now. Would you suggest to pre purchase for my MY? How difficult was it to install?

Reactions: samori01
WATERMELON has arrived. Picked it up yesterday in Richmond around 2 PM. As we arrived our license plate was on the car- a permanent one not a temporary one as I was expecting. The car was gorgeous! I will send pictures once I figure out how to get them from my iphone to some format I can attach them to a message for this forum. We looked over the car and it was absolutely perfect - nothing wrong with anything. We walked into the Tesla Center and talked to someone who was very helpful. He came out and walked us through some basic things and answered all my dumb questions. He helped set up two separate keys - Iphone for me and Key Fob for the other half. People were crawling all over the place buying cars and picking up cars. Two couples actually peeked at our car and then went inside and bought a red Model Y. Tesla guy said the most popular car right now was the M3 which was surprising. He said they were delivering 60 cars this weekend and staying very busy. A truck pulled up with 9 (I think) new cars.

The process for us was super simple, we paid in advance via Wire Transfer and that was acknowledged in the paper work. We had to both sign 6 things which I have no idea what they were but I am guessing they were legitimate. He asked if we had any questions and we had only one --- how to turn off the radio :). And then we drove off. I was amazed at how easy it was and how simple the process was for us.

I asked about the whole SA thing. He said that is evolving as everything Tesla and that it is going to morph into something else here in the near future. So if you don't like or don't have an SA not a big deal. I think Tesla wants everyone you talk to to have knowledge about your car and that you do not need to depend on one person. I know when I called Tesla they had my phone number on file so the person on the other end knew my name and car order before I even said a word.

How does the car drive...... OOOOOOLLLLAAAAALLLLLAAA. What a charmer. It is stiff which I will need to get used to but it is solid. You get a lot of car for the money. The rear view mirror is dark but everything is very visible. The ride is high which helps getting in and out and you see so clearly. The smell is fabulous :) The car can move, there are a lot of bells and chimes you can set up. It is addictive (so I can replace my addiction to checking my account with my new addiction of driving MY MY).

Yes it is worth the wait. I am happy we went through what we went through and that I got an opportunity to come on here and learn from all of you. I loved this whole process and will miss my routine of checking in, looking at my account and trying to be positive. I feel pretty lucky.

Congratulations on all the VINS Welcome to the Tesla Family!!
Will wait for the pictures of your beauty. I have a red on order as well and I’m very impatiently waiting.

Why switch? Did you get better rate with chase? Mine actually shows TD Auto Finance LLC. So not sure how they match you up. I remember the original one was some other bank. Then when it expired and I resubmitted this one showed up. Interest remained same 2.49% but looks like some folks got 1.4% with DCU
I assume its just banking preference. I too had Tesla switch me from US Bank to Chase. The DCU APR is actually 1.24% but that includes direct deposit with them. I was approved by DCU and was able to get Tesla to match the APR.

Anyone brave enough to install the yoke steering wheel. I want to buy a bit scared to touch the airbag and the center bolt holding the steering wheel. I’m a small guy and afraid I won’t tighten the bolt correctly 😎

Hansshow Tesla Yoke Steering Wheel for Model 3, M... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GHT77W...abc_5P4W6JZ624S6ETDX3TGX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Installation seems easy for the yolk, but the functionality does not lol. I looked into it, as in a youtuber named CF Tesla, he was mentioning it will take a bit of getting used to it.

Reactions: PatrickTM