Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 7/12. Estimate delivery date was all over the place. Aug, Sept, Oct. Starting Last week, it was changed to 9/26 to 9/30. Starting today(9/27), it was narrow down to 9/28 to 9/30. At 2pm pst, got email with vin and payment request.

It was just my wife's birthday and so I just told her she shouldn't ask questions about such packages arriving. Fortunately she has a short term memory and didn't get suspicious when her actual number of presents was much lower. Hopefully I can continue the scheme with Christmas.
I tell my wife "I will order what I want, when I Want!" (looks over both shoulders to make sure she is not in the room).

Tesla was smart not to have typical dealership setup where you can negotiate with sales people. This is the price, take it or leave it.
I am probably the rare buyer that actually appreciates this method. Prior to our Tesla, I absolutely dreaded the car shopping/purchasing process. Our MY is literally the only car we’ve purchased that I wasn’t in tears at the desk willing to walk away with no car simply from the stress of negotiating with the stupid salespeople. I despise traditional car salesmen and their typically sexist attitude toward a female buyer, so I loved the Tesla process. Build the car online, pay the price it says, and never deal with a person who is trying to bend you over 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

I tell my wife "I will order what I want, when I Want!" (looks over both shoulders to make sure she is not in the room).
I was waiting for the punchline, lol. My hubs is the shopper in our household but other than my insistence that he get rid of some "stuff" when he adds more "stuff" I consider what he buys his business. Same with his paycheck, bank account, investments. Probably uncommon for folks married 11 years but it works for us.
I am probably the rare buyer that actually appreciates this method. Prior to our Tesla, I absolutely dreaded the car shopping/purchasing process. Our MY is literally the only car we’ve purchased that I wasn’t in tears at the desk willing to walk away with no car simply from the stress of negotiating with the stupid salespeople. I despise traditional car salesmen and their typically sexist attitude toward a female buyer, so I loved the Tesla process. Build the car online, pay the price it says, and never deal with a person who is trying to bend you over 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
I totally agree with you. I hate the car dealership experience even though I'm exceptionally good at it. Which must be why despite not having purchased a non-Tesla since 2012 for my own household, I've helped 2 women in my life purchase vehicles in the past few years. A recently widowed neighbor and my mom. For the latter, I was quite literally breast feeding my then 3-month-old at the sales desk. Mind you I'm a klutz and not at all coordinated so it was very obvious when my entire head disappeared under the cover and said "I can still hear you..." Poor sales guy eventually gave in and agreed to my completely irrational insistence of the trade-in value of my mom's broken down Trailblazer which "no we don't have with us and yes you'll have to go tow it from a parking lot after we leave here with a new car tonight... "

Do you have a link to the seatbelt extender that works with the Model Y? I'm searching Amazon and there are different types. Thanks!
I went to seatbeltextenderpros.com but when you configure for a MY 7 seats it says they don't make that extender and to not use the 5 seat configuration as it won't work. Wouldn't you think the middle row seat belt buckles are identical on the 5 vs. 7 seaters? I sent them an email to get an answer and will report back when I get a response.

The Schomp Honda/BMW/Mini dealership in Littleton, CO has been a no haggle dealer for as long as we can remember, and they mean NO haggle, on your trade, the car price, fees, nothing. Our experiences buying cars there has always been positive. It's actually a pleasure to work with them, and their sales staff are not paid on commission. That makes a huge difference, as one time, years ago we decided to buy a Honda Pilot there, but we held off signing everything to do some other financial moves before taking the car. Over the weekend we decided not to buy it, and just called them up to say sorry. Because they're non-commissioned staff, they were totally chill about it, no guilt or pressure at all. Can you imagine how traditional dealers would react to that?

Reactions: collaGOunltd
I went to seatbeltextenderpros.com but when you configure for a MY 7 seats it says they don't make that extender and to not use the 5 seat configuration as it won't work. Wouldn't you think the middle row seat belt buckles are identical on the 5 vs. 7 seaters? I sent them an email to get an answer and will report back when I get a response.

What do you need a seatbelt extender for? Just curious

Thanks. My kid has some trouble buckling the seatbelt with the booster seat (behind front passenger seat). I just read an article that says don't buy these extenders (mostly from amazon) because they haven't been tested and they may fail in an accident. Looks like she'll need to get used to bucking up with the cars buckle.

What do you need a seatbelt extender for? Just curious
For a kiddos that are in booster seats. They’re totally big enough to buckle themselves, but it’s dang near impossible due to the design of the buckle in the MY. It’s flush with, or even a little buried in the seat. Our kiddo can’t reach over the side of the booster and push down at the right angle to do it herself. The extender would help with that

Reactions: PatrickTM
Thanks. My kid has some trouble buckling the seatbelt with the booster seat (behind front passenger seat). I just read an article that says don't buy these extenders (mostly from amazon) because they haven't been tested and they may fail in an accident. Looks like she'll need to get used to bucking up with the cars buckle.
Hello, :

Thank you so much for your message and sharing your need for an extender.

We are familiar with this particular metal tongue design in the 2021 Tesla Model Y (7-seater). I really wish I had an option for you, but unfortunately there isn't an extender available on the market for this unique seat belt.

I know that is not the news you were hoping to hear, and I'm so sorry that this is the case. We are always working on new extender Types, so I've made a note to let you know when we find a solution for this seat belt.

One product that many people find is a great alternative to extenders in the rear seats is our Buckle Booster, which raises the back seat receptacle to make it easily accessible when buckling in. You can check it out here:

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/buckle-booster-seat-belt-receptacle-raiser/

I would also be glad to check on the availability of extenders for any other vehicle or seat in this car. Please let me know if you'd like me to do that. If it's for another car, please share the make, model, trim, and year of your vehicle, as well as the seat you want the extender for.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Kind regards,
CJ

How do these posts relate to current delivery times? I am sure if you search the forum you may find the answers to your questions regarding seats, and software updates and other themes unrelated to current delivery times.
I think you’re new here. If you stick around, you’ll find that while this is titled as a thread for Current Delivery Times and that is discussed, we often get off-topic. A lot of us have been here through the entire delivery process, yet choose to hang around this particular thread for the camaraderie and knowledge that’s shared here. If you need people to stay strictly “on topic”, maybe this isn’t the thread for you 🤷🏻‍♀️

Likewise. I hate car dealerships. For my wife though, it's a whole other thing for her. She's typically a very reserved and private person...until she walks into the dealership. She somehow enjoys the combative sparring with after finding the slimiest, sneakiest salesman in their organization.

When we bought the Prius in 2015 we were there for about six hours total, at least four was directly negotiating with the salesman. I can't blame her, because she was good. Sticker was $26,200 and our out-the-door price with all fees included was $21,300. Yes, that also included floor mats, Scotchguard bullshit treatment on the seats, VIN window engraving, a car wash kit, and a cool key chain (that I never ever used). I didn't care about any of the other bonuses thrown in there but I think the salesman legitimately could not go any lower on price, so he actively started offering extra stuff, probably to get us the hell out of there.

No dealerships with a Tesla purchase experience means no negotiation, and I'm glad. Secretly my wife is probably glad about that as well. On the other hand, for customer service, vehicle service, and warranty-related affairs, not gonna lie, I'm really skeptical.

One product that many people find is a great alternative to extenders in the rear seats is our Buckle Booster, which raises the back seat receptacle to make it easily accessible when buckling in. You can check it out here:
I have actually purchased three of these which are used in my mother-in-law's car and they actually work really well but the buckle has to protrude up from the seat for them to be effective. Is there any play in the second row buckles or are they indeed flush and tight?

Likewise. I hate car dealerships. For my wife though, it's a whole other thing for her. She's typically a very reserved and private person...until she walks into the dealership. She somehow enjoys the combative sparring with after finding the slimiest, sneakiest salesman in their organization.

When we bought the Prius in 2015 we were there for about six hours total, at least four was directly negotiating with the salesman. I can't blame her, because she was good. Sticker was $26,200 and our out-the-door price with all fees included was $21,300. Yes, that also included floor mats, Scotchguard bullshit treatment on the seats, VIN window engraving, a car wash kit, and a cool key chain (that I never ever used). I didn't care about any of the other bonuses thrown in there but I think the salesman legitimately could not go any lower on price, so he actively started offering extra stuff, probably to get us the hell out of there.

No dealerships with a Tesla purchase experience means no negotiation, and I'm glad. Secretly my wife is probably glad about that as well. On the other hand, for customer service, vehicle service, and warranty-related affairs, not gonna lie, I'm really skeptical.
Man your wife is goooood!! 😁

I was able to bargain/squeeze 2K more than the dealership was willing to give for my Rav. So I am proud of that lol.

The Schomp Honda/BMW/Mini dealership in Littleton, CO has been a no haggle dealer for as long as we can remember, and they mean NO haggle, on your trade, the car price, fees, nothing. Our experiences buying cars there has always been positive. It's actually a pleasure to work with them, and their sales staff are not paid on commission. That makes a huge difference, as one time, years ago we decided to buy a Honda Pilot there, but we held off signing everything to do some other financial moves before taking the car. Over the weekend we decided not to buy it, and just called them up to say sorry. Because they're non-commissioned staff, they were totally chill about it, no guilt or pressure at all. Can you imagine how traditional dealers would react to that?
I think if all cars came perfect, the no-haggle thing works really well! I've shopped at a Subaru dealer in LA, and they were no-haggle. Very pleasant experience.

I helped a friend of mine buy a used car from an Autonation dealership (LA area as well), and they're no-haggle. After finding some cosmetic imperfections, we ended up haggling. Not directly on price, but how to repair/compensate for the damage. Fortunately they were accommodating and understanding, so a win-win negotiation result was achieved.

Reactions: loggedout