Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me neither. I’d rather pour that additional 5-10k into a new car in 5yrs 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do love the matte look of the xpel stealth finish but I can’t justify the cost.
I LOVE the look of Xpel Stealth on the MSM. Our MY is white and it doesn’t have such a dramatic effect as with the darker colors. If we’d gone with another color, I might have entertained it lol

How do you know if a profile is completed?
1633025000764.png

I'm on the fence. If anything, I may try to DIY that blunt front bumper. I'm not made of money so I have to resist all the expensive goodies.
The front end on our MY is a HUGE bug magnet. I’d definitely recommend keeping it waxed at a minimum to make it easier to clear all the buggy bodies off 😂😂

How do you know if a profile is completed?View attachment 716358
If you’ve done everything you can on your end under the completed tasks tab, you are good to go. You can upload insurance for your current car if you’d like and then update it to the MY policy once you have a VIN—but I don’t believe that makes any difference in terms of “completeness”

The front end on our MY is a HUGE bug magnet. I’d definitely recommend keeping it waxed at a minimum to make it easier to clear all the buggy bodies off 😂😂
Yeah, i figured that out last night/ this morning. My parents decided to move to BuFu in the middle of nowhere between illinois/ wisconsin (farm country) and I took a trip out to their place last night. This morning I glanced at the front of my MY and it is covered in dead bugs. I'll have to find a hand wash carwash near me to pretty 'er back up!

Looks like BMW has released a fleet of iX 50i's to journalists for reviews, the reviews are hitting youtube.

Most viewed is the carwow review, I typically like the carwow reviews but this one felt sponsored by BMW like they gagged him from negatively reviewing it.

All in all, I am happy I went with the MY over the iX for a number of reasons: no frunk, bucktooth grill sticker (that's what it is according to the review), range and acceleration don't equate to an improvement over the MY for the money.

Video for anyone interested:

Looks like a damn electric can opener! Having driven Bimmers the last 12 years I can attest BMW lost its design chops. Returning 540 M Sport lease next month and informed my loyal SM that BMW lost my business to Tesla.

Feels like I'm a minority, not planning to do any ceramic/ PPF paint protection to my MY... I've had much more expensive BMW's in the past and while I did experience the usual paint chips, it's all normal in my book especially because this isn't a 6 figure collector car. I don't see a point to do this if realistically I'll be trading it in 3-5 years later.
This might be the reality I needed to see. I’ve been feeling like I need a full front PPF, but I probably don’t. Minor rock chips on the front most likely wont make the car more hideous. And most ppl don’t even pay attention to it. I’ll probably at least get a ceramic coating on it tho.

Looks like a damn electric can opener! Having driven Bimmers the last 12 years I can attest BMW lost its design chops. Returning 540 M Sport lease next month and informed my loyal SM that BMW lost my business to Tesla.
yeah, I told my local bimmer dealership GM that I've purchased 3 previous Bimmers from before that I am no longer interested in the new design style of their exteriors. I find the grills hideously massive and ugly. I gave him a chance to find me a 2021 X3m or X3 m40i xdrive either with the executive package in black/ black but he couldn't come through before the 2022's showed up and I told him there's no way in hell I'm driving a 2022 BMW with a bucktooth grill.

Welp... My EDD is 10/01 -10/21. I think the fact that that is tomorrow is causing me more anxiety than when it was 30/60/90 days away. I have no clue what it going on except that it is normal not to know what is going on. There is a chink in the armor, I am now thinking is the wait and anxiety worth it! Everyone says it is... I guess we will wait and see.
Same boat .... little anxious myself

Reactions: Just4Dave
Feels like I'm a minority, not planning to do any ceramic/ PPF paint protection to my MY... I've had much more expensive BMW's in the past and while I did experience the usual paint chips, it's all normal in my book especially because this isn't a 6 figure collector car. I don't see a point to do this if realistically I'll be trading it in 3-5 years later.
I think the issue for Tesla is the paint in really weak. The BMW had proper paint that could take the normal rocks and sand.

For sure! Definitely will be doing DIY ceramic coating inside and out.
@OhMYLRdy! can jump in here if I get anything wrong, but I think he’s been pretty thrilled with the Chemical Guys washing soaps (and leather detailer) and with Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax