Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is this?

Are we in the "Tesla Model 3" Section -> "Current Quality"-Thread?

Because I just came here searching for new information on that topic, but had to wade through a 3 Page-long Jaguar discussion...

Edit: Not 3 pages: 53 out of 82 posts where Jag. :(

Hopefully i can add On-Topic information next week.

...in the UK.
Huh? Not sure what you're getting at, or the relevance.

Anyway, probably more off-topic, but is the navigation in the Tesla Google Maps Navigation, or some other navigation with satellite overlays?

I can start an entirely separate topic if that's what you're moaning about, but I was just trying to keep the info I was looking for in a single thread rather than creating a ton of separate ones. Plus it keeps all the Jag-related conspiracy theories in one place.

Perhaps I should have called the topic "looking for Tesla info and comparison to another EV, minus the the pro-Tesla conspiracy theories please".

It does amaze me how many people can't be objective about the car they own and adhere to the cult following of the brand. The only brand I've had more than one car from is BMW, but I'd still objectively tell you which bits are rubbish and which bits are good. The same with the Jag, I've made it quite clear that I don't think it's perfect and where the Tesla is better, but certain posters genuinely seem to think the Model 3 is perfect and aren't willing to accept any negative critiques about the car, however obviously valid they are. I hope if I did end up getting a Tesla that I wouldn't fall into the Tesla fanboi trap. Reading online today some of the comments from Tesla owners in response to articles is shocking in the levels of delusion.

Reactions: cizUK
I would wait until you've test driven both cars. Become
a little better informed.

Personally, I wouldn't choose a first generation anything.

The Tesla Mod 3 is a 4th generation EV. The screen
is not an "infotainment" device, this is a quite different
kind of vehicle. I dread the day it fully dawns on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thp3 and UTMB
I don't have quality problems with my M3.
Granted, I'm not obsessing about superhuman
fit and finish, it's not my main interest in life.
I don't go around my car with a micrometer,
so for all I know, there may be sub-millimeter
offsets, or more, here and there.

I find it quite different from previous cars I've
owned and driven, and, after learning to use it,
it's in a very positive way, to the point where the
savings on fuel are not all that important to me.

There are a number of reasons for the legendary
devotion owners have for these cars. It has a lot
to do with the whole driving experience. To anyone
discussing Teslas who hasn't driven them: it's
pointless. Come back after you have.

Sure, but all things aren't equal. The Jag has many features that aren't even available as a paid option on the Tesla and no OTA update can add them. […]

Now, that's not to say that the Tesla doesn't have a few things that the Jag doesn't have, but the above is a lot of kit to miss.

Hence my dilemma. As otherwise I'd likely choose the faster car with the big cool infotainment screen...

Basically, the Tesla is an integrated computer network, and you are talking about the color of the peripherals. That’s the fundamental difference with the Jag/Tesla comparison. The Tesla systems are all interconnected. If the brakes are to soft and stopping takes more distance, a simple OTA can fix it. You may not be interested in FSD, but the sensors will keep you safe with standard autopilot. Nobody talks about the Jag subsystem integration and IF any of that is possible with the new Jag. How many cpus are in the Jag? There is one controlling computer in the Tesla.

The Tesla is simply a different type of car with much of the new technology in the software and integration. That’s why Tesla is years ahead of std manufacturers who think EV and Batteries are all they have to adopt.

You should drive both and you’ll get an inkling of how different they are.

My two cents