Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current service center experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my M3P in for what may be the final warranty service to take care of a few minor issues. Driver door strap making noise again, left taillight taking on moisture during heavy rain, missing deadfront, a leak from the roof glass, and the phone as key problem. The rear harness recall showed up as an option so I added it as well.

Got a call midday with a problem. They were using a tool to perform the recall and they cracked the rear glass. They were great about it and said they would pay for it and reimburse the cost to tint it again.

After the call, I recalled mine had the OE IR coating that causes the orange color when wet and that is no longer going to match.

Then I got a call a short time ago and they said they found the leak in the roof glass and it needs to be replaced. There was some confusion about cost as they were trying to say it's not covered, but it turned out he was taking about the tint, but once we cleared up that the glass replacement is covered, I advised the top glass wasn't tinted anyways. So the non-matching glass just kind of took care of itself.

They gave me a loaner this time as they anticipated it may take more than a day. Rear camera seemed a bit off but didn't think much of it until I went to put something in the trunk later and noticed the button was angled away. With the lid open it was clear it was damaged, which was causing the camera to aim low. The loaner also has full FSD. Mine doesn't even have basic autopilot so I was excited I could try it out. Well when I tried it, it kept telling me cruise control can not be used. After some research, best guess seems to be the rear camera midnight may be the cause. Saw a message in the service message saying something about calibration and autopilot and airport being unavailable. Oh well.

Also had an issue charging the loaner at home. They said supercharging was free so I made a quick stop at one on the way home to top off a bit. Worked fine, albeit as little slow as it's a standard range plus. But at home, the charge cable would not latch. After some investigation, found the music deadfront I took it in for in the charge cable. I swung the cable to try and get it out but it would not come out the last 1/4 inch or so. I took a 1/16 drill bit and using light pressure and slow speed, drilled a hole into the back of the deadfront and while tilting the bit off axis with the drill off, it pulled out rather easily. Charges fine now.

Kind of an odd set of happenings all in one day, but as long as it's not costing me a thing, I'm good. But I'll be stuck with this loaner likely til Monday. Sucks that I have to make another trip to the tint shop though.

48692714883_ee4acda19b_b.jpg

"Tesla Model 3" by crash71100 is marked with CC0 1.0.
Admin note: Image added as thumbnail for Blog Feed.

hopefully your story/service ends well.

Wanted to note something - you stated "Mine doesn't even have basic autopilot..." You stated that you have a M3P, so you should have the base autopilot since that came with every Model 3 delivered as standard. The FSD is an upgrade, or if you had an early 2018, then EAP offering, but would still have the base Autopilot functionality.

Yes, the tint is a pain, they broke my rear passenger window just recently and while they are reimbursing for the tint, it was a pain in the rear. In all honesty, they could have done more since they broke it like take the car and get it tinted instead of leaving it on me and saying in 2 week or so they would get me a check. Still waiting.