Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Totaled my 2023 MXLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure this doesn't show up on your Lexis Nexis Risk profile... I dealing with that right now due to a no-fault accident where I wasn't even the driver of the vehicle.

Many years ago, we were cleaning carpet at work at 2 a.m., and a drunk plowed into and pushed my dad's pickup down the street. The newspaper wrongly had me as the driver. I was 20 feet away, watching it all happen in front of us.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
Many years ago, we were cleaning carpet at work at 2 a.m., and a drunk plowed into and pushed my dad's pickup down the street. The newspaper wrongly had me as the driver. I was 20 feet away, watching it all happen in front of us.
That's your story and you're sticking to it?

I was the same in a work place shooting. TV/Radio reported me as shot when it was a subcontractor that worked for me.

My dad's friend called the office (pre cell phones), he couldn't do it.

unfortunately the technician accidentally triggered a module that caused all 12 airbags to deploy in the car.

Next time I think I have a bad day at work, I'll remember this poor soul. Now, this is a bad day at work. I wonder if he's still employed.

I feel like i'm in the minority here and you got the raw end of the deal. They broke your car and then gave you less money for it than you spent. Then they replaced it with a cheaper car with less capabilities (you're thinking HW4 is better yet still no real proof of this - I have a brand new HW4 MXP and let me tell you, it sucks without USS).

They were 'ultra nice' to you because you could have sued the crap out of them and i'm sure Amanda is getting several ultra cool corporate pizza parties to celebrate her saving the company several hundred thousand dollars, lol. smh.
I don't see it this way.
First, it's very likely that the OP didn't wave his arbitration agreement (something you should ALWAYS do, in my opinion). An arbitrator would probably rule even more so in favor of Tesla. They do 98% of the time. Second, Tesla is a multi-billion dollar company and they have an army of lawyers. Good luck going up against them. What's his claim? He wasn't injured and Tesla would have made claimed that the car wasn't new and didn't owe a full price, which is what they paid him. Accessories are a whole different story. Tesla could claim they have no control over what he put on the car and why should they be responsible for after-market accessories? Tesla could have very well just used insurance to settle this issue and we both know he wouldn't have received a price paid. Plus, the car now costs less, which would also be a factor in the eventual award.

It sounds to me like they did what was right for him as a customer.

Reactions: SNY126
Just my opinions. From years of dealing with Tesla - they aren't interested in happy client stories they are interested in hype. Based on this, they treated him this way for a reason... All companies are focused on profits and they went out of their way to protect themselves here from some sort of legal issue.

Also as a side note - this "restraint system failure" b/s has plagued all 3 of my teslas. One of the cars they've repaired this now 3 times and every time the car comes back it is in worse condition. Rattles, scratches, cracked windows (yep), .. and then several months later it returns. I guess I could lemon it. Crazy that they still have this issue even with such new cars.
Mind sharing which Tesla SC you are dealing with? I am in OC as well. Going to avoid bad SC's if I can help it.