Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Unfilled MYSR (standard range) Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat. Ordered a base SR Model Y in February, no ETA.

Tesla Store says production stopped around May/June, so who knows if I'll ever get mine.

I don't imagine my vehicle is a priority for Tesla, since they'd rather sell high-profit cars with $10K FSD.

There are rumors it may be rereleased w/ LFP pack just as they've done with some inventory M3SR+ in the US recently.

The LFP tends to have less total range (253mi. vs 263mi for M3SR+) but also likes to be charged to 100% so it may turn out to be largely the same usable range as previous MYSR. If the proportional range decrease applied to the MYSR w/ LFP it would have a total range of ~235mi. which is still higher than older 244mi. rated pack at 90% (~220mi.).

There are rumors it may be rereleased w/ LFP pack just as they've done with some inventory M3SR+ in the US recently.

The LFP tends to have less total range (253mi. vs 263mi for M3SR+) but also likes to be charged to 100% so it may turn out to be largely the same usable range as previous MYSR. If the proportional range decrease applied to the MYSR w/ LFP it would have a total range of ~235mi. which is still higher than older 244mi. rated pack at 90% (~220mi.).

Does that pack have the same deceleration in charging speed as it approaches 100% as the standard packs? Since it doesn't suffer from charging to 100%, I would hope that the charging curve at higher percentages is also a little more generous.