Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Currently on v9. 0 (2019.12.1.1), should I update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my 2016 90D last Thursday (5/16/2019) and this morning I received a message that there is a software update to the vehicle. I have no idea what version it will update to and what new improvements it will bring. The question is, should I do the update?

I don't see why you wouldn't update? I mean I guess you can check the features first but it's almost always an improvement (unless you're in the EU :S) I'll have a youtube video of the update up tomorrow, or there is one by Tech Forum already up you can check out.

Search long enough (sometimes not that long) and you'll find posts from people proclaiming they refuse to update their firmware. That's one end of the spectrum.

I'm at the other end. The minute I receive one of those magical messages on my iPhone saying a new version is available I install it right then and then go for a test drive.

Where will you fit on the spectrum? The choice is yours. :)

For a new owner, like the OP, get to know you car first, then search for problems and solutions before you update.

Plan on a day you do not have to drive, perform test drive. Note problems, search for solutions, such as reboot process.

I do not see the need to rush into an update. I would be just as happy on version 8, frankly.

Currently on latest update for my car, 2019.16