Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not familiar with the Ferrodo pads so I can not compare. Here is info from the G-Loc website about the pads I am offering:
G-LOC BRAKE COMPOUNDS
G-LOC™ GS-1
The G-LOC™ GS-1 is our high performance street compound. GS-1 produces very little dust and very little noise, while maintaining excellent initial bite and torque for street use. GS-1 has been unmatched in the industry for disc/rotor friendliness as well as its longevity. This compounds excellent performance on the street provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. G-LOC™ GS-1 operating range starts at ambient up to 800°F (426°C). GS-1 is suitable for ALL street cars, tow vehicle, fleet vehicle, and armored vehicles. G-LOC™ GS-1 is NOT recommended for ANY track use.

G-LOC™ R6
The R6 has been specifically engineered for Autocross applications. An ultra high cold torque compound delivering consistent performance from dead cold (0°F) up to 1000°F + (0°C to 537°C+). The advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial bite, high coefficient of friction at lower temperatures along with very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. The R6™ compound is widely used for street use as well, but this compound will more than likely make noise on the street. G-LOC™ doesn’t recommend street driving on with R6 due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise. R6 is NOT recommended for road racing (closed circuit) use in most applications.

Reactions: Bunnak
I am not familiar with the Ferrodo pads so I can not compare. Here is info from the G-Loc website about the pads I am offering:
G-LOC BRAKE COMPOUNDS
G-LOC™ GS-1
The G-LOC™ GS-1 is our high performance street compound. GS-1 produces very little dust and very little noise, while maintaining excellent initial bite and torque for street use. GS-1 has been unmatched in the industry for disc/rotor friendliness as well as its longevity. This compounds excellent performance on the street provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. G-LOC™ GS-1 operating range starts at ambient up to 800°F (426°C). GS-1 is suitable for ALL street cars, tow vehicle, fleet vehicle, and armored vehicles. G-LOC™ GS-1 is NOT recommended for ANY track use.

G-LOC™ R6
The R6 has been specifically engineered for Autocross applications. An ultra high cold torque compound delivering consistent performance from dead cold (0°F) up to 1000°F + (0°C to 537°C+). The advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial bite, high coefficient of friction at lower temperatures along with very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. The R6™ compound is widely used for street use as well, but this compound will more than likely make noise on the street. G-LOC™ doesn’t recommend street driving on with R6 due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise. R6 is NOT recommended for road racing (closed circuit) use in most applications.

Every time I see you reply I'm hoping you have finalized all payments and rotors are ready for production lol.

I received the carbotech 1521 and holding off installing them until the new rotors are received; I'm still running on the worn out original pads from 2011 since prior owner hasn't driven car since 2014

Last edited:
Rotors shipped from the manufacturer to the Black-tride finisher yesterday. They are working their way through the system, it always takes a long time for these batches since there are 8 different vendors involved not to mention 3 different shippers before we get all the parts in the shop for assembly. I’ll post pics when we get the pallet of friction discs in shop. Less than 2 weeks I hope, keep our fingers crossed!

Hello. We will make a transfer procedure for e-mail.
Question, GS-1&R-6 and comparison with the Ferrodo Brake Pad DS2500? Feeling of use.

Thank you.
Noguchi.

I have DS2500 on my Audi S4 and have used Carbotech Bobcats previously (I believe it's the same as the current 1521 which is very similar to the GS-1 (iirc, G-LOC is former Carbotech folks?)). They both have good modulation, but Ferodo have more stopping power (higher CoF?), but give off a LOT more brake dust. They are a more a track / street pad as opposed to the GS-1 which are an aggressive street compound which could see light track use (IMO)

I haven't used the R-6 or Carbotech equivalent, but guessing the DS2500 is probably closer to those?

I have DS2500 on my Audi S4 and have used Carbotech Bobcats previously (I believe it's the same as the current 1521 which is very similar to the GS-1 (iirc, G-LOC is former Carbotech folks?)). They both have good modulation, but Ferodo have more stopping power (higher CoF?), but give off a LOT more brake dust. They are a more a track / street pad as opposed to the GS-1 which are an aggressive street compound which could see light track use (IMO)

I haven't used the R-6 or Carbotech equivalent, but guessing the DS2500 is probably closer to those?

Thanks for the comment,
use the familiar Ferode DS2500.
Thank you.

Noguchi:

Hey Dave,

I wish I could talk myself into splurging for these... maybe your next go around. They look like a first class production. You had mentioned a weight savings of 10 lbs. I would assume that would be for all four rotors, right? I can't imagine you were able to save 10 lbs at each corner. Never the less, 2.5 lbs of unsprung weight per corner is substantial.

Good luck with your sales.

Henry

A quick update, in our COVID-19 world things are moving slower than we had expected with longer shipping times and short staffed suppliers doing their best to keep things moving forward.
I am waiting for the blacktride finishing on the friction discs to get done. It looks like rotor sets will be shipping early May. We will be in touch when we start boxing the sets.

As always, thank you for the support and patience. Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Dave

• Love
Reactions: Bunnak and jason.tv
Hey there, treated rotors shipped from Las Vegas this AM(Friday). We should be starting assembly in the shop on Wednesday and shipping the following week. More soon,

Thanks for your patience. If there is another person who want a set, I have a buyer who is having second thoughts and would be interested in finding another person to take his set. PM or email if you want to get a set.

Dave
[email protected]