Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer non-Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited my daughter yesterday in LA. About 80 miles from home. Ran over a bolt when leaving. Tire was not leaking but didnt want to chance driving 80 miles with a bolt in the tire. Got on my app and asked for a towt ruck. 5 minutes later got a reply from Tesla saying a tow truck en-route. 5 min later a text asking if I want to use a tire service instead of Tesla Service Center. I asked is this authorized from Tesla? 10 minutes later I got a reply asking if I want to take my car to a tire center. I said OK, where? 10 min later, I got a reply saying that the Service Center probably could not see me as they are booked solid. I said what should I do? 15 minutes later I got a text saying that they can send a 'tire truck' to my house in the morning to fix tire. $96 to fix tire, or $395 for a new tire. I asked them if they had been reading my replies? I AM 80 MILES FROM HOME. I need to take it to Tesla service center (literally 1.5 miles away). 15 minutes later I got a reply saying that they are booked and best they could do is come to my house tomorrow. I gave up and called BigO tire 2 miles away. Tesla never responded. Drove slowly to BigO and 10 minutes and $35 later I was back on the road. Continued poor customer service - sad to say I would never buy another Tesla until they get their act together.
PS, Im one of the few that actually has a lemon and have had nothing but charging and 'auto' driving issues.

Attachments

• 20200514_100607.jpg
    20200514_100607.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 64
I drove for about 5000 miles with a bolt like that in my tire. I eventually got bored with putting air in the tire every three weeks, took it out and plugged it.

I wouldn’t advocate this approach, but it does seem that you brought more stress to your life than necessary.

• Disagree
Reactions: SlimJim
I drove for about 5000 miles with a bolt like that in my tire. I eventually got bored with putting air in the tire every three weeks, took it out and plugged it.

I wouldn’t advocate this approach, but it does seem that you brought more stress to your life than necessary.
I carry a plug kit and air pump in lieu of a spare, for situations like this.

I'm sorry to hear about this, it's frustrating.

You have to be aware of the impression you give when a post like this is your first post, though, right?

Here is a second post so I guess its OK to unleash on Tesla? How about the continued impression Tesla gives in lack of customer service and ethics and morality issues. If you only knew the 6 times I have brought it to Tesla for charging and FSD issues where they purposely write on the RO something that has nothing to do with the original problem - why? to get around the lemon law buybacks.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Here is a second post so I guess its OK to unleash on Tesla? How about the continued impression Tesla gives in lack of customer service and ethics and morality issues. If you only knew the 6 times I have brought it to Tesla for charging and FSD issues where they purposely write on the RO something that has nothing to do with the original problem - why? to get around the lemon law buybacks.

Can you post screen shots from the text chain with the support people? Be interesting to see if it's indifference or lack of understanding from them.

This forum is rigged. Don’t waste your time.

• Disagree
Reactions: tomas and TLLMRRJ
@RickSchultz In the future I would recommend that you deal with the service center via an actual phone call. The back-and-forth with texting or email will only add to the frustration. While it probably would require waiting for a callback from your initial contact, everything is better explained if you talk to them.

I live in San Jose but I've stored many of the service center phone numbers that I might be driving near in my phone.

SC_phonelist.jpg

@RickSchultz In the future I would recommend that you deal with the service center via an actual phone call. The back-and-forth with texting or email will only add to the frustration. While it probably would require waiting for a callback from your initial contact, everything is better explained if you talk to them.

I live in San Jose but I've stored many of the service center phone numbers that I might be driving near in my phone.

View attachment 541987

Here is their 'TEXT' phone number, try and call it
916-579-7928