Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Service for Purchase Is Lacking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a new Model S 100 in June and 2 weeks later the exact same car is now $2500 cheaper. I wrote Tesla immediately to not get an answer for a few weeks and finally was told...sorry, that is how it works. I asked to speak to a sales manager and NO ONE would call me back after 5 emails, 3 text messages and phone calls. Have you ever heard of the car price dropping and the dealer/manufacturer did not honor the lower price? That is ridiculous! What is worse, I cannot get a good explanation or even get someone above a sales associate to explain why this is. This is my second Tesla and I am pretty disappointed in how they treat their customers.

Anyone else have this experience and have a better outcome than I am having?

Reactions: jruiz510
New member, second Tesla, eh? Interesting experience. Not here. Most model 3 peeps were adjusted cost wise after there was a price change. I only know one person who ordered an s durong a proce change, and the price was indeed changed for them. My experience with Tesla customer service is that it's been exemplary and above and beyond.

Reactions: xyeahtony
I ordered a new Model S 100 in June and 2 weeks later the exact same car is now $2500 cheaper. I wrote Tesla immediately to not get an answer for a few weeks and finally was told...sorry, that is how it works. I asked to speak to a sales manager and NO ONE would call me back after 5 emails, 3 text messages and phone calls. Have you ever heard of the car price dropping and the dealer/manufacturer did not honor the lower price? That is ridiculous! What is worse, I cannot get a good explanation or even get someone above a sales associate to explain why this is. This is my second Tesla and I am pretty disappointed in how they treat their customers.

Anyone else
have this experience and have a better outcome than I am having?

We all got screwed :(

Anyone else have this experience and have a better outcome than I am having?

had the price gone up you'd have certainly agreed to pay more then, right?

you ordered the car, agreed to pay the price, and you'll get what you agreed to pay for. It seems ridiculous and quite entitled to me that you'd expect them to lower the price.

New member, second Tesla, eh? Interesting experience. Not here. Most model 3 peeps were adjusted cost wise after there was a price change. I only know one person who ordered an s durong a proce change, and the price was indeed changed for them. My experience with Tesla customer service is that it's been exemplary and above and beyond.
Where is this Tesla dealership?

Maybe that was a rare situation. I also ordered before the Model S price drop and my vehicle is in production. I asked about getting the lower price and was told no as well. I just chalked it up to, "I agreed to a higher price when I order", so i'm not that upset but I can under the frustration of others wanting the lower price. $2500 less can buy you some PPF.

Reactions: jruiz510
had the price gone up you'd have certainly agreed to pay more then, right?

That happened to me. I ordered a Tesla and paid the deposit, the contract stated the price. About a month before delivery they told me (and many others) that they've raised the price retroactively. They refused to honor the original price. They gave me a choice of paying the new higher price or refunding my money and canceling my order.

For what it's worth, we also ordered before the PUP was included and we were also told no on getting the updated pricing. At the end of the day, we agreed to buy it at the original price and we can't really argue it.

That said, I do have a bunch of other commentary about the order/delivery/financing process and the inability to get clear communication from Tesla. Considering the money involved I'm stunned Tesla makes the experience of actually buying a Tesla so shitty.

Getting a response from our team members has been like pulling teeth, and we've had contradictory responses on a number of fronts such that the only conclusion we can draw is that they have no idea what's going on. Maybe they're overworked, or understaffed, have bad processes, (or all of the above), but that's not our fault. We're just trying to buy this awesome new vehicle and it's disappointing to have it go so poorly leading up to delivery.

Caveat: first post so consider bias appropriately :)