Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen others comment on this in non-related posts, but never seen this in topic discussed in its own post.

Tesla sales was great. Installation was amazing.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS HORRIBLE.
I have been trying to get in contact with them for 5 days. Waited 20, 30, 40 minutes before hanging up and even 1 day I sat on hold for 3 hours without anyone answering. My sales person acknowledged how bad it is and suggested I work through her for everything.

If I had known how bad the customer support was I probably would have purchased through another company. It is the worst of any company I have ever dealt with.

Any suggestions on how to get through customer support?

I found emailing to a variety of folks, both local and main office works the best. They are understaffed and undertrained - many know way less than we do as owners - it does get a bit comical at times... Give them some slack, growing pains...

I found emailing to a variety of folks, both local and main office works the best. They are understaffed and undertrained - many know way less than we do as owners - it does get a bit comical at times... Give them some slack, growing pains...

How did you get real contacts to email? The only option I have for support is the 1-800 number and the general customer support email box. I sent them a support request via e-mail on August 5th and haven't heard a peep. I am probably going to call the main help line today.

I have a little trouble with a growing pains argument. We are talking about a solar company that has been in business since 2006. I get that they are under new ownership now, but I would have hoped they wouldn't have thrown out all their old systems/people in the transition.

I would very surprised no matter how long you wait on telephone you will ever be connected with customer support. Just talked with Supervisor for service appointments and the customer service team says don't expect to hear anything within 72 hours.. Sounds like you are already beyond that.
Thankfully my sales rep has been helpful trying to connect me internally with the right department but this is absolutely the worst customer support center I have ever dealt with and it is my job to work with other customer service centers.

They forgot to add my system to the Tesla app, they are saying 3-5 days to connect the system. ridiculous

Appreciate any ideas how we can escalate this problem through the solar community to get some resolution to this problem.

I mean how hard is it to hire people to answer phone calls, don't need engineers to answer calls.

Not sure if it helps, but if [email protected] doesn't work, try calling (877) 798-3752 Select option 2, then 5, then option 1. That's what the general support sent me to for a solar issue. Basically it's SolarCity that picks up and they really don't know anything about the powerwall, but they can create a ticket on your behalf with the powerwall team.