Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customising Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stumbled across
posted by Tesla Tom showing how to customise the Tesla App (Didn't see this in any documentation so sharing with masses)
Long press on one of the icons in the Tesla App, Customise Controls appears allowing you to change the default icons, there is a way to add a 5th icon but suggest you watch the youtube post for how to. There are probably a number of these hidden gems out there.
1645539930153.png
1645540020508.png

Its a good way of getting quick access to the defrost function.

Not sure sure of the purpose of the close charge port function though - its even one of the default buttons. Stop and/or unlock charge port would be more useful but that wasn't there when I last looked.

Not sure sure of the purpose of the close charge port function though - its even one of the default buttons. Stop and/or unlock charge port would be more useful but that wasn't there when I last looked.
It does bring up the unlock charge port function/start charging when it is connected or does that come up even if the charge button is not in the quick access?

It does bring up the unlock charge port function/start charging when it is connected or does that come up even if the charge button is not in the quick access?

If you are plugged in and want to stop charging and/or remove the charge connector, it tries to close the charge port and comes up with an error that something is still plugged in. Whilst on the main app, yes, it kind of duplicates the stop charging/unlock buttons on the same screen but only if the app can connect to the car which is not the case in say underground car parks. The stop/unlock button is also not available from the widget that exposes the same close button where the ability to do a quick stop/unlock (without having to open the app then wait for the car to connect, or not, and find its charging before being able to press the button) would be very useful but still only offers the close charge port button which then opens the app which then waits a bit before bringing up the 'Charge Port Close Failed' error. I would say that is pretty useless functionality.

1645545493575.png

Reactions: spdpsba