Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customize Center Display MX Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

newtnyc

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2020
East
Is it possible to customize the display on a MX refresh. Specifically, moving the camera view to the right side and the navigation to the left side of the screen? I know the icons on the bottom can be moved.

Don't think so. And where is the Energy Chart in the main screen? Missing also.
Yeah the energy display is an embarrassment. It is available, but only with a voice prompt "show energy." Then it consumes the entire console, completely covering the map. I have not found any means of dismissing it, let alone shrinking it or making it useful. I can tap the media interface sending it backward. But it is nothing but an afterthought. One of there most important instruments required for basic energy management is darn near useless. I sure hope there is a makeover planned some day.

Reactions: SDRick
The MS interface allows moving around the media player, navigation etc., but could not figure this out on the MX. And yes, would helpful if we display half energy and half nav, but that does not seem possible either.

Yeah the energy display is an embarrassment. It is available, but only with a voice prompt "show energy." Then it consumes the entire console, completely covering the map. I have not found any means of dismissing it, let alone shrinking it or making it useful. I can tap the media interface sending it backward. But it is nothing but an afterthought. One of there most important instruments required for basic energy management is darn near useless. I sure hope there is a makeover planned some day.
Atleast I can bring it up with this new information via voice. Didn't even know that. Thanks for the tip.

Playing around with the screen, it seems that we can, at least, swap the media and navigation panes on the main screen. I held down at the top of the fully expanded media screen and it "snapped" off the screen to be moved to the right side.

Reactions: Kelby Linn
The MS interface allows moving around the media player, navigation etc., but could not figure this out on the MX. And yes, would helpful if we display half energy and half nav, but that does not seem possible either.
Yeah! Moved the 3camerapic to the right of the nav screen. Hold corner of picscreenanddrag it to the,right.someone else gets the credit for this/just can’t,remember the member