Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVRP (California EV Rebate) Documentation Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well thats good to kno

Ok so the last page does not need to be signed? I was thinking about doing something like that since my delivery manager never responds to anything. And then you call tesla they tell you that you need to speak to your delivery manager.

No it needs to be signed. I printed it out and signed the buyer parts and rescan it. I left the seller part unsigned and they took it without asking for it. I guess you could just drive over to your delivery center with the copy and ask someone to sign the seller part if you want to be sure. I am sure someone there will be willing to sign it.

No it needs to be signed. I printed it out and signed the buyer parts and rescan it. I left the seller part unsigned and they took it without asking for it. I guess you could just drive over to your delivery center with the copy and ask someone to sign the seller part if you want to be sure. I am sure someone there will be willing to sign it.
There are special instructions specific to Tesla vehicles on the CVRP website. The seller signature is a digital signature with a printed name and printed date. The website makes mention of the required digital signature being exactly that.

I signed as buyer using the Preview app on the Mac using the touchpad. Then printed as a PDF to burn in the signature. California law permits this as long as the digital original is retained (saved).

Last edited:
There are special instructions specific to Tesla vehicles on the CVRP website. The seller signature is a digital signature with a printed name and printed date. The website makes mention of the required digital signature being exactly that.

I signed as buyer using the Preview app on the Mac using the touchpad. Then printed as a PDF to burn in the signature. California law permits this as long as the digital original is retained (saved).
Well there is a signature on the MPVA, but the last page is not signed by the seller. Is that how yours was?

I ended up doing something similar, although typically digital signing requires an actual certificate. Whatever, it's not my fault they didn't give me the proper documents.

I ended up doing something similar, although typically digital signing requires an actual certificate.
Thanks for clarifying. The correct term I intended to use was "electronic signature" not digital signature.

"The ESIGN Act is a federal law passed in 2000. It grants legal recognition to electronic signatures and records if all parties to a contract choose to use electronic documents and to sign them electronically. ... No contract, signature, or record shall be denied legal effect solely because it is in electronic form."

Well there is a signature on the MPVA, but the last page is not signed by the seller. Is that how yours was?
Mine is the same. Electronic signature on the MVPA. I think the last page is not the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) though but the "Delivery Declaration."

CVRP appears to create a Tesla specific guidebook due to sheer volume of applications here:
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/site.../cvrp/documents/SampleSupportingDocuments.pdf

See page 18 for the "Acceptable Tesla document combinations." For Model 3, since Tesla is not leasing currently (Option 1), only Option 2 and Option 3 could be applicable. You need at least one signed document. I pursued "Option 2" because my MVPA Vehicle Configuration was electronically time stamped. Column B says I need "Sample 4" MVPA Final Price sheet and "Sample 5" MVPA Vehicle Configuration Sheet.

Sample 4 is on page 22, and Sample 5 is on page 23.

Now about my credibility... funds secured (pun but true) for SGIP and did the paperwork myself. Long story. Now just waiting for installation.
To my discredit, my $500 PG&E rebate was rejected because "Seller/ lessor's signatures is not present." Instead of waiting my registration card to arrive with my vehicle plates and reapply, I uploaded the MVPA purchase agreement without the unsigned "Delivery Declaration." The processor may have rejected it because a document wasn't signed. Let see if this works.

Last edited:
PSA: all docs passed except for temp registration.

Said it was missing signature or dates. Looked and the date was not filled out. My bad I guess for only worrying about the tesla docs and assuming it was good. Had a scan of the permanent registration so uploaded that instead. I didn't want to find out if cvrp would have an issue with hand writing the date on the temp registration.

Said they would re-review within 5 days of me fixing so glad I don't start over in the 90 day wait.