Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering 99% of trucks sold do not include a cover, just leave the Cybertruck cover open and it's the same as most other trucks as far as the bed. Never heard of any other truck providing HVAC to the truck bed. I've never heard of anyone at Tesla suggesting you live inside the bed either. Tesla does have a camper option, but it only works with the cover open. If you hate the Cybertruck, buy something else. Maybe you can find your dream vehicle with a covered bed that offers HVAC and all the comforts of a home with a 2-foot high ceiling. Living in the truck bed is not a design goal of any pickup truck I've heard about, and certainly not the Cybertruck. You can live inside the Cybertruck cabin, as the rear floor is flat and with the seats up provides a nice HVAC-controlled area you could sleep in. Not sure any other pickup offers that option as most (all?) have a tunnel bump.
It's absolutely a truck. It's odd to try to argue otherwise. It may not be a overly capable truck, but it's a truck. The Ridgeline is a truck...

Considering 99% of trucks sold do not include a cover, just leave the Cybertruck cover open and it's the same as most other trucks as far as the bed. Never heard of any other truck providing HVAC to the truck bed. I've never heard of anyone at Tesla suggesting you live inside the bed either. Tesla does have a camper option, but it only works with the cover open. If you hate the Cybertruck, buy something else. Maybe you can find your dream vehicle with a covered bed that offers HVAC and all the comforts of a home with a 2-foot high ceiling. Living in the truck bed is not a design goal of any pickup truck I've heard about, and certainly not the Cybertruck. You can live inside the Cybertruck cabin, as the rear floor is flat and with the seats up provides a nice HVAC-controlled area you could sleep in. Not sure any other pickup offers that option as most (all?) have a tunnel bump.
Most trucks if not all trucks you can see thru the back window with the rear view mirror. Not with the Cyber-Turd.

Most trucks if not all trucks you can see thru the back window with the rear view mirror. Not with the Cyber-Turd.
Just keep the cover down if you need a back window. I drove a truck with bed cap, which you couldn't see out of. No cameras as well. Just use your side mirrors. If you need a back window to drive, you are a bad truck driver.

Cyberturd, you guys love thinking about this truck 24/7.

Just keep the cover down if you need a back window. I drove a truck with bed cap, which you couldn't see out of. No cameras as well. Just use your side mirrors. If you need a back window to drive, you are a bad truck driver.

Are you serious? So, your choice is to see out the back window and expose your stuff to the elements, or not see and somewhat protect your stuff from the elements. One should never have to make that choice. Rationalizing this dumb design is beyond, “mind-blowing”!

Reactions: TessP100D
I’ll

every topper I’ve ever had has a clear rear window. Yes there are times it is frozen/dirty/ obstructed. But the vast majority of the time I could see through it with my rear view mirror.

Are you serious? So, your choice is to see out the back window and expose your stuff to the elements, or not see and somewhat protect your stuff from the elements. One should never have to make that choice. Rationalizing this dumb design is beyond, “mind-blowing”!
Problem is you spend too much time wanting to see what happened behind you… worry more about the next 10 seconds and what’s in front. If you need to see behind look into the rear view mirror which shows a huge backwards view…

Blocked from what? Isn’t the rear view mirror just a video monitor of what’s behind the CT… like in an RV?
There is a small section on the screen which displays the rear camera that can be changed in size, but still smaller than a traditional mirror. The mirror, in most reviews, is removed because it sees a closed tonneau cover.

The issue that some have is that there is no cover or wiper and if it rains, the camera is completely worthless and the size is pretty small.

For me, I almost exclusively use the turn signal cameras from the fender, so i don't think the camera would be too much of an issue as a rear view. I was just pointing out that the rearview mirror is completely blocked.

Blocked from what? Isn’t the rear view mirror just a video monitor of what’s behind the CT… like in an RV?
You do know that the human brain instantly sees what is in a mirror and recognizes it. Yet, when the eye looks at a video screen it’s takes longer to recognize and interpret what got sees. Those precious lost seconds could be the difference between a crash and avoiding one.

There is a small section on the screen which displays the rear camera that can be changed in size, but still smaller than a traditional mirror. The mirror, in most reviews, is removed because it sees a closed tonneau cover.

The issue that some have is that there is no cover or wiper and if it rains, the camera is completely worthless and the size is pretty small.

For me, I almost exclusively use the turn signal cameras from the fender, so i don't think the camera would be too much of an issue as a rear view. I was just pointing out that the rearview mirror is completely blocked.
IMO, there is no replacement for actual mirrors. Added cameras is fine, but mirrors are required for safe driving.

You do know that the human brain instantly sees what is in a mirror and recognizes it. Yet, when the eye looks at a video screen it’s takes longer to recognize and interpret what got sees. Those precious lost seconds could be the difference between a crash and avoiding one.
For,those that don’t agree… all I can tell you is do some research and then you will come into the Light.

Reactions: jebinc
Pic of the tonneau all the way down/retracted… you can actually see behind you.

Attachments

• IMG_7877.jpeg
    IMG_7877.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: coleAK