Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with that. But the stock price clouds the topic. The stock is tanking because of guidance. or should I say the lack of guidance.
Tesla kept quiet after they knew the Cyberturd was going to be just that, a turd. And now they are being quiet about Production and growth for this year. That is what is impacting the stock.
So please, Keep this thread about the Cyberturd itself.

The team (Elon) decided to not provide guidance but the general cause of the lowered stock price is reduced EV demand and the stock price being too high. But more specifically reduced used EV values, increased competition, poor EV range, EV price gouging, reduced tax credits, increased repair costs, poor cold weather performance, higher interest rates, poor quality/service, and the general public apparently doesn't want an EV to name a few.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
True, tbf though maybe CUV would be appropriate:
View attachment 1012577

When parked next to a CUV, it blends right in. I also asked my none techy friends what they thought about a photo of the cybertruck (without telling them the name, which has truck in it), they were convinced it was a SUV prop for a movie. When I told them it has a truck bed, they didn't believe me 😂, even when I showed them 🤣
The best definition of a Pick-up truck is that is has and is intended to have an exposed bed by the manufacturer. Sure, a camper shell can be bought to enclose it, But Telsa designed this turd to NOT have an exposed bed. The "enclosed area" of the Cyberturd is by definition a trunk. A trunk with the poorest designed lid that is absurd, and almost useless.

As to the moving parts. It has more moving parts than the rest of the turd. And EV lovers harp on how moving parts are a liability. I did not keep quite when I voiced my concern years ago about how I was not aware of a roll down door that did not leak, but all the Consumers at that time were sure that the rollaway door/top would not leak. They felt Tesla would not make such a mistake. But now that I have seen so many videos... I can not imagine the storage area for the Turdneau cover won't accumulate all sorts of crap which will hamper the movement of the turdneau cover. Just wait for a good rain getting in the rails or the storage area and then have someone try to have the Turdneau try and move one way or the other. Maybe not right away, but moving parts do not age well. Especially poorly conceived and designed ones.

The best definition of a Pick-up truck is that is has and is intended to have an exposed bed by the manufacturer. Sure, a camper shell can be bought to enclose it, But Telsa designed this turd to NOT have an exposed bed. The "enclosed area" of the Cyberturd is by definition a trunk. A trunk with the poorest designed lid that is absurd, and almost useless.

As to the moving parts. It has more moving parts than the rest of the turd. And EV lovers harp on how moving parts are a liability. I did not keep quite when I voiced my concern years ago about how I was not aware of a roll down door that did not leak, but all the Consumers at that time were sure that the rollaway door/top would not leak. They felt Tesla would not make such a mistake. But now that I have seen so many videos... I can not imagine the storage area for the Turdneau cover won't accumulate all sorts of crap which will hamper the movement of the turdneau cover. Just wait for a good rain getting in the rails or the storage area and then have someone try to have the Turdneau try and move one way or the other. Maybe not right away, but moving parts do not age well. Especially poorly conceived and designed ones.
But, but, trunks don't leak - so, you can't call this a trunk. Perhaps that's by Tesla didn't call it a trunk or bed, but rather a vault - vaults tend to be moist, aiding in he decay process...

Tesla Derangement Syndrome (TDS) in full force… don’t own a CT yet pass on info and opinions like its first hand knowledge… probably haven’t even stepped within 5 feet of an actual production vehicle!!! I’m guessing some work as fact checkers for our major fake news networks.

Here we go with the “Paid Shills” line…..

Yes, I have stepped 5 feet of the actual production model. It impressive from the outside. But not the “more Utility than Truck” line Elon has you believing…

Reactions: jebinc
Sounds like we have some angry people that either didn't get an invite or can't afford one. I will be happy to get my not-a-truck in a week or two.

Oh puh-leez! The anger comes from Tesla owners that were excited about the CT only discover it's one big turd.
I brag on my Y all the time as it is the best car I've ever owned.
The Cyber-turd is a big step back for Tesla and the sad part is that Elon knew it was going to be a turd but made it anyway.

hahahahaha . What? Did I hear that right?
"Off Road Adventure Vehicle" is what Elon now calls the Cyberturd in China. It is reasoned that he is doing so because... he knows a name is just a name, and he wants to position the truck in the mind of his Chinese buyers as, get this, The Cybernotatruck.
hahahahaha. Now that's funny. He calls this "Cyberturd" a truck when he is shilling it to 'mericans. and as an "Off-road Adventure Vehicle." Tesla goes so far as to separate themselves from the "Cybertruck" name on purpose.
Why? Because "trucks" are have limited access to some of the major cities in China. In other words he's more than willing to give the Turd a name that will sell it, and recognize that a name isn't in any way shape or form signifying what the vehicle actually is but what will sell it the most. Which is EXACTLY what I have stated for years. They called it a truck in the USA because they wanted "truck buyers" to consider it and feel more comfortable buying it because after all it clearly says "cyberTurd" right there in the name.
Elon never saw this turd as a truck. He spent zero effort making it a truck. He put all the effort in to making it a big azz van with crappy storage. Vans aren't S3XY though.
Keep on believing, fanboys.

It’s a truck… might not be a “work” truck but it’s a truck. Don’t like it don’t buy it… I’m sure there is an appropriate “truck” forum you can join and gush all over… but constantly posting on a CT forum after you’ve decided it’s not the “truck” for you just seems a bit foolish.
Tesla is officially calling the Cyber(nota)truck in China an off-road recreational vehicle. And is officially avoiding calling it a truck. It is now called by exactly what I have said "not a Truck." hahahahahaha
And this further validates what I have said about Elon and the CyberTurd. He named it "truck" so the truck segment of vehicle buyers that buy a "truck" just because it is called a "truck" will consider buying the Tesla Cyberturd.
Now in China he wants the Cyberturd to not be seen as a truck so it is notatruck. With a snap of his fingers? No it never was a truck. If it were a truck then the Chinese Government would still treat it as a truck. But Elon knows it never was a truck in anything but name.
Hahha

• Funny
Reactions: Leeclanual
Tesla is officially calling the Cyber(nota)truck in China an off-road recreational vehicle. And is officially avoiding calling it a truck. It is now called by exactly what I have said "not a Truck." hahahahahaha
And this further validates what I have said about Elon and the CyberTurd. He named it "truck" so the truck segment of vehicle buyers that buy a "truck" just because it is called a "truck" will consider buying the Tesla Cyberturd.
Now in China he wants the Cyberturd to not be seen as a truck so it is notatruck. With a snap of his fingers? No it never was a truck. If it were a truck then the Chinese Government would still treat it as a truck. But Elon knows it never was a truck in anything but name.
Hahha
You’ve probably never heard this before… but you are a genius! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056