Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're too poor, and too smart. Elon bullet-pointed several metrics. And he reiterated them over and over again. And for FOUR YEARS he never once said the cyber(NOT A)truck would not meet those metrics. And he had TWO WHOLE YEARS more time for his engineering prowess to engineer and design a vehicle that could meet those metrics.
And in the end he pretended like what he continuously told us was not important. And he did not move the goal posts. He ripped them out of the ground and took them back in the desert and burned them.
And then just as quickly pointed to 4-wheel turning, 800, and 48 whatever, "See what a cool "Truck" you are getting." It is not a truck. Just as I said in the first few months on the Cybertruck Forum. "This cyber thing is not a truck. It is going to be many things for many people. You can't put it in "The Truck" Box. I thought it would function as a worse truck than a Soccer mom's van. Little did I know I would be so right. But All along I knew it would be suitable for camping. How could it NOT be. Every Telsa has that ability. But not the one vehicle that was supposed to be off-road capable. really? REALLY? There is no way to explain how poorly the decision to not provide a camping option in which the people could sleep inside the safe and secure "Bulletproof" stainless steel structure. Nope. Elon stupidly refused to scrap the rolltop "tonneau cover," and make the trunk (because that is what the covered area behind the passenger area is by definition) a place where you can store stuff you don't mind getting wet.

The only metric that was met or higher from the original stated metrics was cost. The Cybertruck is a polished turd. Hence, "Cyberturd."
And that’s why I refer to him as a Charlatan.

Reactions: TessP100D
Threatening people, with different opinions, on a public forum is so immature as well. Also violates forum rules. Perhaps that person in need of help will be banned by the mods.
Where is one instance of a "threat" like you call it. If they haven't banned lafrisbee, they won't ban anyone at this point. I called them a troll, which is my opinion. Please let me know of any threats.

• Funny
Reactions: T3SLAROD
Is anyone else confused? So far, I think I've read the Cybertruck can't be considered a truck because the tonneau isn't waterproof. I'm not a "truck guy," so this is a genuine question: are all truck covers waterproof and is that a core feature?
We have 4-5 CT haters who have no intention of ever buying this truck… and out of the 5 only one of them has seen it in person. The other 4 spend their entire waking hours finding one-off videos on the CT that fit their hate narrative and then they post it here.

Still Not sure why anyone would spend this much time on a CT forum when they have no intention of ever owning one. My gut feeling tells me them want to ruin the CT purchase/experience for others like they have done for the M3 and MS (just review their other posts). Best to block them and/or gloss over their posts.

Getting my turd this weekend. Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! Please take a shower and brush your teeth before you leave the house though.
Don’t worry it eats them up inside every time a delivery video or post gets put on this forum from a new CT owner.

Please take some pics at delivery!

Where is one instance of a "threat" like you call it. If they haven't banned lafrisbee, they won't ban anyone at this point. I called them a troll, which is my opinion. Please let me know of any threats.
Here's your posted threat
"Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! "
What are you going to do unless you are a Mime? The World's Greatest Rebuttaling Mime! Or maybe you are going to prove your point by disco dancing?
No.
That is a threat. if not you explain it...Mime or dance? We are transfixed with your belief in your abilities. Or are you just a keyboard dancer? lol
And I've not been thrown off this site because they have enough intelligence to understand I've not threatened anyone like you actually did. I try very hard to not talk about individuals, unless they get stupid and start an ad hominem attack. Which is what people do without thinking.

"Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! "
What are you going to do unless you are a Mime? The World's Greatest Rebuttaling Mime! Or maybe you are going to prove your point by disco dancing?
No.
That is a threat. if not you explain it...Mime or dance? We are transfixed with your belief in your abilities. Or are you just a keyboard dancer? lol
And I've not been thrown off this site because they have enough intelligence to understand I've not threatened anyone like you actually did. I try very hard to not talk about individuals, unless they get stupid and start an ad hominem attack. Which is what people do without thinking.
You plan on buying a CT?

No.
How is that a threat? I just said call it a turd in real life and not hide behind your keyboard with your opinions. If you think it is a threat, then you have the issue. I would never resort to violence over someone calling my car a turd. I am just sick of people like you saying the same nonsense over and over on forums, when you would never say them in public. For all the negativity I hear about Tesla on the internet and from people like you, I have never heard it once from anyone in reality. It is sad that your passion is spending your time posting about something you hate on a forum that people are excited about owning it.

If you don't like it, you could act like an adult and express your dislikes in a rational and productive manner. However, with our social and political climate, it is hard for people to do that. I can only imagine who your role models are. BTW, I think Elon needs to grow up and stop being a troll as well.

We have 4-5 CT haters who have no intention of ever buying this truck… and out of the 5 only one of them has seen it in person. The other 4 spend their entire waking hours finding one-off videos on the CT that fit their hate narrative and then they post it here.

Still Not sure why anyone would spend this much time on a CT forum when they have no intention of ever owning one. My gut feeling tells me them want to ruin the CT purchase/experience for others like they have done for the M3 and MS (just review their other posts). Best to block them and/or gloss over their posts.
I have three Cyberturd "reservations." Initially I was too poor to afford anything but the single mother variant. But since I invested in Tesla in 2019 I quickly made enough money to order the other two variants as well. And I figured when it came time to buy one I'd buy the one with the greatest value in my eyes.
And after four years of Tesla improving the design of the original the result is sad and pathetic in all but looks. And even then they modified the look so it is less imposing and less angular. Less imposing because they claimed that they needed to shrink it to fit it in a standard garage. More likely they reduced it because they quickly saw they were not able to get anything close to the efficiency and speed with that big a vehicle. And less angular because they had to confirm to "Bumper laws." Bumper laws that have been around for longer than Tesla has designed cars. How did the initial design for production not consider those laws. They knew them very well from designing the other 4 vehicles.
I still am not taking my reservation money back because I intentionally chose to put in my reservation after a couple of months so I would not get the first iteration. And I seem to be extremely on point about not being the initial guinea pig. I am about 500,000th in line. Hopefully by then they will have been forced to eliminate the turdneau cover, and made a passthrough for "camp mode."

I have three Cyberturd "reservations." Initially I was too poor to afford anything but the single mother variant. But since I invested in Tesla in 2019 I quickly made enough money to order the other two variants as well. And I figured when it came time to buy one I'd buy the one with the greatest value in my eyes.
And after four years of Tesla improving the design of the original the result is sad and pathetic in all but looks. And even then they modified the look so it is less imposing and less angular. Less imposing because they claimed that they needed to shrink it to fit it in a standard garage. More likely they reduced it because they quickly saw they were not able to get anything close to the efficiency and speed with that big a vehicle. And less angular because they had to confirm to "Bumper laws." Bumper laws that have been around for longer than Tesla has designed cars. How did the initial design for production not consider those laws. They knew them very well from designing the other 4 vehicles.
I still am not taking my reservation money back because I intentionally chose to put in my reservation after a couple of months so I would not get the first iteration. And I seem to be extremely on point about not being the initial guinea pig. I am about 500,000th in line. Hopefully by then they will have been forced to eliminate the turdneau cover, and made a passthrough for "camp mode."
Unfortunately we all know how Tesla works. They don't make many variants of a car. The cover will always be there, it is integrated into the truck. The passthrough will most likely never happen as well, because of the cover. this is one thing that I hope Tesla changes in the future. The more variants of a vehicle, the better. I would want the motorized cover and I don't need a passthrough. However, there are many people that want it.

I for one and excited that the truck is very close to the production model. I have seen many protype cars that I got excited about, but then they just become more traditional when they are released. I am one of the few people who didn't think that this was a joke in the beginning and immediately loved how it looked. Ran to my computer to put down a deposit during the reveal.

Tesla has made electric cars affordable and profitable, which no other company besides BYD has done. They have done this by not giving us options unfortunately. Streamlining manufacturing to the point where they only have 5 cars and the only options are paint color, interior color, tire choice, and a spoiler for a performance car.

How is that a threat? I just said call it a turd in real life and not hide behind your keyboard with your opinions. If you think it is a threat, then you have the issue. I would never resort to violence over someone calling my car a turd. I am just sick of people like you saying the same nonsense over and over on forums, when you would never say them in public. For all the negativity I hear about Tesla on the internet and from people like you, I have never heard it once from anyone in reality. It is sad that your passion is spending your time posting about something you hate on a forum that people are excited about owning it.

If you don't like it, you could act like an adult and express your dislikes in a rational and productive manner. However, with our social and political climate, it is hard for people to do that. I can only imagine who your role models are. BTW, I think Elon needs to grow up and stop being a troll as well.
You did not say "in public." And I use my real name when I post in message boards Mr Discodanman45.
You said "say that to my face." There is no other use of that term unless it implies that you will resort to physical violence for them repeating it. The expression is never used otherwise. The Moderators Should permanently remove you from the messageboard for posting that threat.
And I went to Tesla-con Florida last year and stood around watching them judge the most attractive tricked out Teslas. And while standing with many other people I did discuss how absolutely ugly the Model 3's design was done. I laughed at how anyone with any sense of design put ducklips on a fish. And how most Tesla's look like every other car that is their size...except worse.
And I feel like an open and honest discussion can be done online as well as in person. But no one should be told online to "Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! " That is a threat. Nothing less. But now we all see you back-pedalling. Now you appear even less of what should be on this board. You do not stand by your words. You did not say you were just "sick of people talking badly of the Cyberturd. You want one of them to come up and "say it to your face." How would that change anything? Remember you are not the world's greatest mime or disco-dancer. And just reading one of your messages here tells us of your inability to properly express yourself in words. haha You went from, "Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! " to "I would never resort to violence to someone calling my car a turd." very quickly.
oh, and by the way... you called the Cyberturd a "car." So I'll give you credit for at least figuring that out. Glad I could help.

Reactions: jebinc
You plan on buying a CT?
Not if they keep their head in the sand about how pathetic this version was designed and engineered. But I never buy the first edition except books. I figured this vehicle would need to be "changed" to a better version after it was exposed to the public. I just hope Elon's genius wasn't fleeting, and he does come back and make a decent cyber(not a)truck before they call me to pick one up.

You did not say "in public." And I use my real name when I post in message boards Mr Discodanman45.
You said "say that to my face." There is no other use of that term unless it implies that you will resort to physical violence for them repeating it. The expression is never used otherwise. The Moderators Should permanently remove you from the messageboard for posting that threat.
And I went to Tesla-con Florida last year and stood around watching them judge the most attractive tricked out Teslas. And while standing with many other people I did discuss how absolutely ugly the Model 3's design was done. I laughed at how anyone with any sense of design put ducklips on a fish. And how most Tesla's look like every other car that is their size...except worse.
And I feel like an open and honest discussion can be done online as well as in person. But no one should be told online to "Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! " That is a threat. Nothing less. But now we all see you back-pedalling. Now you appear even less of what should be on this board. You do not stand by your words. You did not say you were just "sick of people talking badly of the Cyberturd. You want one of them to come up and "say it to your face." How would that change anything? Remember you are not the world's greatest mime or disco-dancer. And just reading one of your messages here tells us of your inability to properly express yourself in words. haha You went from, "Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! " to "I would never resort to violence to someone calling my car a turd." very quickly.
oh, and by the way... you called the Cyberturd a "car." So I'll give you credit for at least figuring that out. Glad I could help.

Let the mods remove me. Maybe it will get me off another platform where I don't have to deal with keyboard warriors like yourself. They would be doing me a real solid!

Not if they keep their head in the sand about how pathetic this version was designed and engineered. But I never buy the first edition except books. I figured this vehicle would need to be "changed" to a better version after it was exposed to the public. I just hope Elon's genius wasn't fleeting, and he does come back and make a decent cyber(not a)truck before they call me to pick one up.
‘So You’re saying there’s a chance?’

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
Rather than become a bigger forum troll why not sit on the sidelines until you get the email invite(s) from Tesla (since you have 3 reservations 🤪 for some stupid reason) and then see how much the CT has evolved from being a turd? Two benefits… we don’t have to watch you cry about every CT issue that the haters (the 5 in this forum) come up with, and you can then decide whether to buy/cancel and move onto another forum to troll? My gut tells me you have nothing better to do so you sit in the basement and type away… am I pretty close?

How long have you been following Tesla? Anyone with any critical thinking skills should have realized that Elon makes insane "promises" that will never come to reality. Trusting Elon was your mistake and you only have yourself to blame for that.

You could have received $250 back at any time. Tesla lawyers know what they are doing and good luck on calling yourself an "injured party" in a lawsuit. Welcome to the car world. You could have ordered a car from Ford for MSRP for $50,000 and then it gets to the lot and the dealership charges you $80,000 with their markup. Yes, car dealerships can markup pre-ordered cars before delivery.
And yet so many of you fanbois claim that Elon said it then it must be real. If it didn’t come from Elon then they don’t believe it.

Elon has turn into the great illusionist.

Or maybe, just maybe what Elon said he would deliver when in Nov 2019 he said … no order your now.

It’s not even that. This thing has mid pack specs after 2 other offerings have been out for 2+ years and people are praising it like it reinvented the wheels.

If it had a legit 300+ miles with 200 miles of towing, charging that rivaled the new Porsche Taycan then we could talk.

But for Tesla being a “superior” EV company they put out a half assed product.

Porsche is eating their lunch right now and it might be because their priorities are elsewhere.

No.
You're wasting your time. Some folks here, "never let the facts ruin a good story/narrative"!

Reactions: TessP100D