Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have 4-5 CT haters who have no intention of ever buying this truck… and out of the 5 only one of them has seen it in person. The other 4 spend their entire waking hours finding one-off videos on the CT that fit their hate narrative and then they post it here.

Still Not sure why anyone would spend this much time on a CT forum when they have no intention of ever owning one. My gut feeling tells me them want to ruin the CT purchase/experience for others like they have done for the M3 and MS (just review their other posts). Best to block them and/or gloss over their posts.
I believe you are going to have a lot more Cyber-turd haters, especially the owners, once they realize the 💩 doesn't deliver except for maybe looks.

I just feel real disappointed that the "truck" was designed and engineered to be a 40 yr old soccer mom's van that looked "so cool" that her husband could be somebody when he got to drive it.
It not the look that was special. It was the specs released that was. Of course 5 years later, those specs are gone and we are left with the stupid look.

I really don't understand the anti CT threads particularly here on TMC. Don't get me wrong I don't like the CT and will not trade my Lightning in for one. BUT the criticisms just seem over the top. Bordering on hate. It's just not that bad.

I can't even imagine why folks thought the tonneau cover would be water proof. None of the after market tonneau covers are waterproof. NONE. They are not marketed as a replacement for a camper cover. And the amount of water that gets in is minimal. Just not an issue for the entire truck world before now. In fact real truck owners are laughing. (Read they thought it wouldn't leak???) The CT is no different and is actually an improvement over the aftermarket rolling covers. You don't lose bed space with a box at the rear of the bed. And it comes with the truck!

The disappointment over what we thought we'd get (I do have a reservation) is real but then were the hell were you guys when they switched everything on my Plaid +? No quad motor, no 500 mile range, price increases etc. This is truly not a new turn. We've been here before. And will this truck work for a lot of folks, sure. Is it the best truck ever made. I don't think so, but you know what it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what the guys and gals putting their $ down think. Will the CT market change over the next couple of years? Yeah perceptions will be drastically different after a year or so of production. I just don't get why all the negative threads e.g. Not a truck, Cyberturd etc.

But to say it's ugly etc is like criticizing someone's kid because he/she is not a pretty as yours. Just seems mean spirited. If you don't like it don't buy one.
Many aftermarket tonneau covers are waterproof. My son has this one on his Tacoma, waterproof and supports way more weight then “a person”

Many aftermarket tonneau covers are waterproof. My son has this one on his Tacoma, waterproof and supports way more weight then “a person”

Apples vs oranges… the tonneau cover you reference is not power retractable like the CTs… The Tacoma’s is literally a solid bed cover with a couple hinges in the middle… 🙄

I could feasibly create a “tonneau cover for your son’s Tacoma by screwing in a couple $3 hinges from Home Depot on two sheets of plywood and paint it with Flex Seal and it would hold an adult and be waterproof… all for less than $100… interested? 😂

Apples vs oranges… the tonneau cover you reference is not power retractable like the CTs… The Tacoma’s is literally a solid bed cover with a couple hinges in the middle… 🙄

I could feasibly create a “tonneau cover for your son’s Tacoma by screwing in a couple $3 hinges from Home Depot on two sheets of plywood and paint it with Flex Seal and it would hold an adult and be waterproof… all for less than $100… interested? 😂
What does this have to do with the point that many tonneau covers are water tight.

I look the e CT tonneau cover like the falcon doors: overcomplicated and not functional.

I guess on these lines I could make a CT by taking my model 3 and taking some $3 brackets and ply wood from Home Depot to create an “exoskeleton” and then spray paint it.

Reactions: TessP100D
I guess on these lines I could make a CT by taking my model 3 and taking some $3 brackets and ply wood from Home Depot to create an “exoskeleton” and then spray paint it.

Yes, yes - the Elon/Tesla/CT fanatics here will just love that!

P.S. Don't forget to add bubblegum and duct tape to your parts list! 😆

P.P.S. And for that "spray paint," be sure to select "rust" as the color of choice! o_O

Reactions: TessP100D