Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You did not say "in public." And I use my real name when I post in message boards Mr Discodanman45.
You said "say that to my face." There is no other use of that term unless it implies that you will resort to physical violence for them repeating it. The expression is never used otherwise. The Moderators Should permanently remove you from the messageboard for posting that threat.
And I went to Tesla-con Florida last year and stood around watching them judge the most attractive tricked out Teslas. And while standing with many other people I did discuss how absolutely ugly the Model 3's design was done. I laughed at how anyone with any sense of design put ducklips on a fish. And how most Tesla's look like every other car that is their size...except worse.
And I feel like an open and honest discussion can be done online as well as in person. But no one should be told online to "Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! " That is a threat. Nothing less. But now we all see you back-pedalling. Now you appear even less of what should be on this board. You do not stand by your words. You did not say you were just "sick of people talking badly of the Cyberturd. You want one of them to come up and "say it to your face." How would that change anything? Remember you are not the world's greatest mime or disco-dancer. And just reading one of your messages here tells us of your inability to properly express yourself in words. haha You went from, "Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! " to "I would never resort to violence to someone calling my car a turd." very quickly.
oh, and by the way... you called the Cyberturd a "car." So I'll give you credit for at least figuring that out. Glad I could help.
See above post...

Reactions: TessP100D
It’s not even that. This thing has mid pack specs after 2 other offerings have been out for 2+ years and people are praising it like it reinvented the wheels.

If it had a legit 300+ miles with 200 miles of towing, charging that rivaled the new Porsche Taycan then we could talk.

But for Tesla being a “superior” EV company they put out a half assed product.

Porsche is eating their lunch right now and it might be because their priorities are elsewhere.

This is what makes the Cybertruck even more disappointing. For over a decade now.. we've been told that Tesla has this HUGE headstart over the rest of the industry. Seriously like "Tesla is 10 years ahead of everybody else".

That's both legacy automotive and newer EV startups. Meanwhile, at least on paper, both the F150 Lightning and Rivian R1T are already better than the newer Cybertruck. They are cheaper, have bigger battery packs, and significantly more off-road prowess. In actual head-to-head testing.. both have more real-world range.. better cabins.. and the F150 can fit more stuff in the bed because it's shaped like a traditional pickup.

These vehicles have been on sale for 3 years now.. while the Cybertruck just started production 3 months ago. How is the Cybertruck the latest EV truck.. but already so far behind the 2 most popular EV trucks that launched before it? Granted nothing looks like the Cybetruck.. as I pointed out before, it attention is what you are seeking.. then the Cybertruck is definitely the vehicle you want to drive. That said I cant call it a better truck than either the R1S or the Lightning. Wasnt the whole point of the Cybertruck looking so weird.. is that Tesla was reinventing the pickup truck? Did they reinvent it to be worse?

Dont even get me started on Porsche. Their first EV ever was the original Taycan and it blew the Model S Performance out of the water. Tesla did come back strong with the Plaid. But the 2nd generation Taycan blows the Model S out of the water again.. both Long Range & Plaid. The new Taycan GT is a full 18 seconds faster around the Nurburgring than the Model S Plaid, even with its optional track package. And the 2nd generation Taycan has already proven itself capable of 365 real-world miles on a full charge AND the ability to recharge from 8% to 80% in just 16 minutes thanks to 320kw charging speeds. You can drive the new 2nd Gen Taycan up to 655 miles in a single day.. by just stopping ONE time to recharge for 16 minutes. Nothing Tesla produces matches comes close to that.

Oh yeah... the new 2nd Gen Taycan is now also the quickest-accelerating car Porsche has ever sold. Regardless of the powertrain.

If Porsche makes this type of leap forward on just their second EV.. Why does the Cybetruck feel like its a generation behind Tesla's current products? Tesla has now delivered six new EV's to customers in the past 15 years. You would think Tesla is the one making these huge leaps.. not Porsche, Ford or Rivian.

This is what makes the Cybertruck even more disappointing. For over a decade now.. we've been told that Tesla has this HUGE headstart over the rest of the industry. Seriously like "Tesla is 10 years ahead of everybody else".

That's both legacy automotive and newer EV startups. Meanwhile, at least on paper, both the F150 Lightning and Rivian R1T are already better than the newer Cybertruck. They are cheaper, have bigger battery packs, and significantly more off-road prowess. In actual head-to-head testing.. both have more real-world range.. better cabins.. and the F150 can fit more stuff in the bed because it's shaped like a traditional pickup.

These vehicles have been on sale for 3 years now.. while the Cybertruck just started production 3 months ago. How is the Cybertruck the latest EV truck.. but already so far behind the 2 most popular EV trucks that launched before it? Granted nothing looks like the Cybetruck.. as I pointed out before, it attention is what you are seeking.. then the Cybertruck is definitely the vehicle you want to drive. That said I cant call it a better truck than either the R1S or the Lightning. Wasnt the whole point of the Cybertruck looking so weird.. is that Tesla was reinventing the pickup truck? Did they reinvent it to be worse?

Dont even get me started on Porsche. Their first EV ever was the original Taycan and it blew the Model S Performance out of the water. Tesla did come back strong with the Plaid. But the 2nd generation Taycan blows the Model S out of the water again.. both Long Range & Plaid. The new Taycan GT is a full 18 seconds faster around the Nurburgring than the Model S Plaid, even with its optional track package. And the 2nd generation Taycan has already proven itself capable of 365 real-world miles on a full charge AND the ability to recharge from 8% to 80% in just 16 minutes thanks to 320kw charging speeds. You can drive the new 2nd Gen Taycan up to 655 miles in a single day.. by just stopping ONE time to recharge for 16 minutes. Nothing Tesla produces matches comes close to that.

Oh yeah... the new 2nd Gen Taycan is now also the quickest-accelerating car Porsche has ever sold. Regardless of the powertrain.

If Porsche makes this type of leap forward on just their second EV.. Why does the Cybetruck feel like its a generation behind Tesla's current products? Tesla has now delivered six new EV's to customers in the past 15 years. You would think Tesla is the one making these huge leaps.. not Porsche, Ford or Rivian.

This.

But yet, some would have you believe the Cybertruck is Superior to everything else. The interior alone is a 2017 design.

It's all about the stock. These fans dont want to see any criticism or bad press because their stock would plummet to realistic levels.

Tesla is an American company and I want to see them do well, but they are falling behind. The first Cybertruck Software Update didn't include FSD, AP or Lockers.... What is Tesla doing? It's like over the last 4 years they've been working on making sure their panels dont come off the vehicle when going over rough terrain, taking their attention away other features. Tesla's own engineers didn't want to build it, but yet we are the Shills, Haters, and Debbie Downers lol

This.

But yet, some would have you believe the Cybertruck is Superior to everything else. The interior alone is a 2017 design.

It's all about the stock. These fans dont want to see any criticism or bad press because their stock would plummet to realistic levels.

Tesla is an American company and I want to see them do well, but they are falling behind. The first Cybertruck Software Update didn't include FSD, AP or Lockers.... What is Tesla doing? It's like over the last 4 years they've been working on making sure their panels dont come off the vehicle when going over rough terrain, taking their attention away other features. Tesla's own engineers didn't want to build it, but yet we are the Shills, Haters, and Debbie Downers lol

Yes, many of the the people here who are "pushing (out) this turd," are people trying, desperately, to protect their floundering investment in $TSLA - fact.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 11.59.27 AM.png

Yes, many of the the people here who are "pushing (out) this turd," are people trying, desperately, to protect their floundering investment in $TSLA - fact.

View attachment 1016622
Is “protecting Tesla stock prices” honestly the best you’ve got? Not gonna lie that I’ve (and probably many on here) made tons of cash off of Tesla stock over the years… but stating that the only reason people on this forum want/like the CT because of stock price concerns is really idiotic and short sighted… hopefully you are just joking when you say that. Most serious investors don’t buy and hold stocks long term like you elude to in your comment… most trade very frequently. Bottom line is I’ve never lost a dime on Tesla stock… and I’m expecting to make tons more with this latest dip… Elon will end up paying for my CT when all is said and done.

Carry on with the drivel now.

Reactions: STUtoday
Rather than become a bigger forum troll why not sit on the sidelines until you get the email invite(s) from Tesla (since you have 3 reservations 🤪 for some stupid reason) and then see how much the CT has evolved from being a turd? Two benefits… we don’t have to watch you cry about every CT issue that the haters (the 5 in this forum) come up with, and you can then decide whether to buy/cancel and move onto another forum to troll? My gut tells me you have nothing better to do so you sit in the basement and type away… am I pretty close?
The main reason:
Elon doesn't need a bunch of fanbois blowing smoke up his non-existent tailpipe. That's what got this idiotic boytoy his son designed. He needs people to tell him how he isn't capable of running, SpaceX, TwitterX, AIX, and Tesla all at once. And he needs to pick one, at the most Two, and find people that are BETTER than him to run the others.
He needs to know how he failed so he can correct those failures.
What he doesn't need is a bunch a adoring fans.

Is “protecting Tesla stock prices” honestly the best you’ve got? Not gonna lie that I’ve (and probably many on here) made tons of cash off of Tesla stock over the years… but stating that the only reason people on this forum want/like the CT because of stock price concerns is really idiotic and short sighted… hopefully you are just joking when you say that. Most serious investors don’t buy and hold stocks long term like you elude to in your comment… most trade very frequently. Bottom line is I’ve never lost a dime on Tesla stock… and I’m expecting to make tons more with this latest dip… Elon will end up paying for my CT when all is said and done.

They like the sizzle more than the steak.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
This.

Hopefully after Elon gets the Cyberturd flushed he will actually let Someone design the next rendition of the cyberNOTADAMNtruck. But if reads the crap these fanbois keep giving him he'll design more weak crap.
The "haters" on this thread are doing more good for Tesla than all the fanbois.

Well said. Tesla is not ahead anymore. They squandered that lead.

It’s not even that. This thing has mid pack specs after 2 other offerings have been out for 2+ years and people are praising it like it reinvented the wheels.

If it had a legit 300+ miles with 200 miles of towing, charging that rivaled the new Porsche Taycan then we could talk.

But for Tesla being a “superior” EV company they put out a half assed product.

Porsche is eating their lunch right now and it might be because their priorities are elsewhere.
Add to this the Silverado retail release, the RAM (both models), and the Sierra for this year & 2025. All these are worth waiting for and buying over this Cybertruck release. I like Tesla and I'm generally a fan of Elon. He does some great things. The first Roadster was publicly demoed at my company. However this incessant feature and cost cutting culture at Tesla has gotten way out of control over the last few years, instead of catering to the actual driver. The company needs a solid kick in the pants to get that mindset back on track. I believe they'll be getting that kick with the Cybertruck release. As of today, the stock is down 23.69% YTD since this release.

Well said. Tesla is not ahead anymore. They squandered that lead.
It will appear as if one of the fanbois seduced me when you read this:
I can see the big boys passing Tesla with regularity in regard to some metrics. But software is still a leader for Tesla.
AND the biggest hope I have for Tesla and TSLA is if/when they do develop and perfect the machine that makes the machine that makes itself...
OK let me state that in plain English. If Tesla creates a/two new ways of manufacturing.
The Unbox Method
And when Optimus can do everything to make(recreate) and repair itself.
40 years ago when I taught biology that was one of the main requirements for life to be given to a structure.

I dont hate it. Its just disappointing on so many levels. Price, range, charging, off-road capability. Hell, it still doesn't even have AutoPilot. Forget about things like locking hubs. I cant help but feel like Tesla knew this was going to be a big disappointment.. which is exactly why it took so long to come to production and all the major specs were purposely hidden until the very last minute.

Right now the best reason to buy a Cybertruck is because you want attention.
The person who compared the Cybertruck to the Hummer was a good analogy. They're both "look at me" vehicles and in the same price range. There's nothing wrong with that, if someone wants a toy and has the resources to do so. The problem with this however, is the Cybertruck was marketed as the opposite of this for years, and the Model 3 interior of the Cybertruck vs the Hummer is just no comparison at all. Compared to the Hummer, it's not even in the same universe.

Don’t recall saying, “the only reason”…. I know, I know, never let the facts ruin a good story! 🤣

Reactions: TessP100D
The main reason:
Elon doesn't need a bunch of fanbois blowing smoke up his non-existent tailpipe. That's what got this idiotic boytoy his son designed. He needs people to tell him how he isn't capable of running, SpaceX, TwitterX, AIX, and Tesla all at once. And he needs to pick one, at the most Two, and find people that are BETTER than him to run the others.
He needs to know how he failed so he can correct those failures.
What he doesn't need is a bunch an adoring fans.
You got it wrong, he is all, “tailpipe,” not a non existent one. 😆

Hopefully after Elon gets the Cyberturd flushed he will actually let Someone design the next rendition of the cyberNOTADAMNtruck. But if reads the crap these fanbois keep giving him he'll design more weak crap.
The "haters" on this thread are doing more good for Tesla than all the fanbois.
I would prefer the term, “pragmatists,” over “haters”. ☺️

Reactions: kabin and TessP100D