Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around edges, lots of makeup, petite size, and has issues with others perception of them.
Instead of putting down the other truck, people should be happy that they will come in multiple sizes and shapes to please different tastes. What we need is more EV trucks, period.
Its a work of art no doubt! I am looking for a workhorse that is fun, reliable, and durable. CYBRTRK for the win!

Now this I can agree with.

One of the things about the Cybertruck I love… I would have zero issues driving it down the tightest forest roads without worrying about scratching the paint.
Well, based on its size, you may actually have a problem going down the tightest forest road. :) Getting pinstripes on a $80K truck would suck, that's for sure.

Well, based on its size, you may actually have a problem going down the tightest forest road. :) Getting pinstripes on a $80K truck would suck, that's for sure.
Well I’d be willing to go down tighter forest roads than what I was willing to take my Subaru or my old Tundra down. I pinstriped them both a bit, but with the CT my tolerance would be a lot higher.

Reactions: RSpanner
Well, Rivian just announced that they were jacking up the price of their trucks by about $15K (depending on your configuration...). I wonder what the CT final price will actually be.

I imagine that its going to be similar to the Rivian jump...about 20% higher. The Rivian and cybertruck pricing is from 2018/19....to sell the same car in 2023/24, yeah, for sure at least 20%.

So an acquaintance of my configured his and put his full deposit down already and he’s not expecting his truck for some time yet.

The article I saw says it’s effective immediately, but if you’ve already configured and ordered yours (not just the pre-order), I think you might be safe? It’s not very clear.

So an acquaintance of my configured his and put his full deposit down already and he’s not expecting his truck for some time yet.

The article I saw says it’s effective immediately, but if you’ve already configured and ordered yours (not just the pre-order), I think you might be safe? It’s not very clear.
Nope, applicable right now to all going forward.

• Informative
Reactions: Ogre
Nope, applicable right now to all going forward.
OUCH.

So you pony up $1000, drink the cool aid, wait 3+ years, deal with 2-3 delays, finally hit the final configuration page, drool over your truck to be coming *SOON*, plop down more cash for a deposit…

… then have the rug pulled out from under you.

My previous dislike of Rivian’s management may have just doubled.