Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sorry didn’t realize this was a non public hate only thread for conspiracy venting only. Must have missed that my sincere apologies.
No, no, nice try.... The point was you often lament, complaint and shame "haters" who post in "lovers" threads, but here YOU are doing exactly the same - posting "love" in "haters" treads.. It's like YOU don't want people to post anything negative about your "prized CT" in any thread and it's you that seems to want a non public forum for "lovers only". THAT'S the hypocrisy ... I'm done replying to you on this point - feel free to have the last post, as you often try to do...

Reactions: TessP100D
It all comes down to pure jealousy… it eats these clowns up that they aren’t going to ever own a CT (for whatever reason)… and when actual CT owners post their experiences it eats them up even more.

If the alternatives they keep referring to are so awesome why are they still on a CT forum and not on a Rivian or F150 forum when they’ve already decided the CT is not for them?

Thread should be re-named to “I’m so jealous of CT owners”.

It all comes down to pure jealousy… it eats these clowns up that they aren’t going to ever own a CT (for whatever reason)… and when actual CT owners post their experiences it eats them up even more.

If the alternatives they keep referring to are so awesome why are they still on a CT forum and not on a Rivian or F150 forum when they’ve already decided the CT is not for them?

Thread should be re-named to “I’m so jealous of CT owners”.

^^^^^^^
🤡

Truth hurts doesn’t it
It must, as it sure brought you out into the open now (in a "hater's" thread, no less), didn't it (calling other member's clowns, etc. Threats next, like your partner has done...)?

This is a "hater's" thread; to use a "lover's" descriptor for "non CT fans". So, it's a place where "hater's" can "hate," so to say - but for some of you, that's still not acceptable, so perhaps you would prefer that "hater's," "hate" much more in "lover's" threads than they currently do, I guess....

To Each...

I wish I could go ahead in time to see how the Cybertruck will hold up over time. Will the Vault cover still work without any component replacement for 5 to 10 years? What will Battery and towing range be 5 to 7 years from now? How will the Bed hold up after 10 to 15 years of use? There are thousands of old work Trucks still working. In the Future will the Cybertruck be one of them old Trucks doing old Truck stuff?

People keep saying over and over with so much passion that the Cyber Truck is not like any other truck. Well duh! Everybody already knows. The skipping record needs a bump. Tesla is not and does not want be like any other manufacturer.

Thats not true at all and it hilarious every time someone tries to point this out as the "difference". There was a point in time when I believed this also, until they stopped being s startup:

Tesla has no dealers: Right, only "Showrooms" with Sales Advisors(Salesman) that will talk to you, get your information, and try to get you to put down a $250 Reservation (Order).

Tesla has no Salesman: Right, only "Sales Advisors" who will call, text and ask you to reserve, come test drive because now is a great time.

Tesla has upfront pricing, no mark-ups: Yup, only $20k+ to get a Cybertruck if you want it NOW.

Tesla cuts features and charges more, doesn't include floor mats in a $35k car, can take away your charging privileges if you piss them off, will blame you for anything wrong with the car etc. etc. etc.

Yup, Tesla is not and does not want to be like any other manufacturer .....smh.... Are you all really this blind?

People keep saying over and over with so much passion that the Cyber Truck is not like any other truck. Well duh! Everybody already knows. The skipping record needs a bump. Tesla is not and does not want be like any other manufacturer.
I have no idea what i have gotten myself into on this particular thread. I'm definitely not a CT hater. We ordered 30 seconds after the reveal. AND we still have our CT FS invitation to order in our app. I just need something more than 300miles of range

Reactions: FastEddieB
I have no idea what i have gotten myself into on this particular thread. I'm definitely not a CT hater. We ordered 30 seconds after the reveal. AND we still have our CT FS invitation to order in our app. I just need something more than 300miles of range

The CT will get you over 300 miles as long as you don’t drive it around like it’s a Model 3. It’s actually efficient at low speeds.

1. Steer by Wire isn’t new. It wasn’t invented by Tesla. If manufacturers wanted to use it they would have. Legacy Truck makers forced Tesla to redesign the Cybertruck from its original concept, including having no Frunk, no RWS, no automatic tailgate.

So if you want to use this point as why it’s “important” you’re too late as Rivian, Hummer and Lightning have already changed what Tesla did with the CT.

Steer by Wire….. meh…. A Truck is supposed to drive like Truck, that’s the point.

2. Can’t argue with that

3. What new set of customers? The F-150 is Americas #1 selling vehicle, not Truck. Vehicle. I wish Tesla luck trying to take that title, the Model Y can’t even touch it.

Tesla's implementation of steer by wire is different which is why review after review speaks to how much easier the CT is to drive then other trucks. The common reaction is it drives much like a sedan. While other car makers have had steer by wire I'm not aware of any that actually removed the steering column. Tesla's approach will get copied.

As far as a new set of customers just look at who is buying the CT. Many people who said they would never buy a traditional pick up truck. And of course you have people who only buy Apple products because they are Apple. Same thing for the CT. People will buy it just because they are existing Tesla owners. I've also been surprised by how many people, typically younger say they love the look. Remember people said the Volkswagen bug would fail because it was ugly. Well it sold 23 million bugs....

Tesla's implementation of steer by wire is different which is why review after review speaks to how much easier the CT is to drive then other trucks. The common reaction is it drives much like a sedan. While other car makers have had steer by wire I'm not aware of any that actually removed the steering column. Tesla's approach will get copied.

As far as a new set of customers just look at who is buying the CT. Many people who said they would never buy a traditional pick up truck. And of course you have people who only buy Apple products because they are Apple. Same thing for the CT. People will buy it just because they are existing Tesla owners. I've also been surprised by how many people, typically younger say they love the look. Remember people said the Volkswagen bug would fail because it was ugly. Well it sold 23 million bugs....

Many people will buy a CT and then find a way to get rid of it due to terrible range, size and payment.

It isn’t a bug that’s affordable, younger buyers grew up on Minecraft so it makes sense.

Just a few.
The CT will influence how trucks are made by pushing legacy truck makers to switch to steer by wire which by all accounts appears to be a far superior way to steer based on owner feedback. It's always brought up in reviews. Same for 48 volt architecture which significantly reduces the amount of wiring and supports network sharing. (voice (i.e. music) and data. You will see other car makers begin to move that way since it's more efficient and cheaper to make.
We shall see. Even Tesla itself has clearly stated that no other existing vehicles within their lineup will have 48v systems any time soon as the retooling costs are prohibitive - why would you expect other manufacturers to do the same for their existing platforms? For ground up redesigns it's feasible - but that's few and far between really. So for Ford for example, we might see this on the new F200 TTT platform, but we're not going to see it on the F150L for example. It remains to be seen whether future Tesla vehicles will adopt a 48v architecture even. I think it may be a bit overly optimistic to expect a sea change in the near term - perhaps over the long term as platform redesigns occur of course - but that's not a near term thing - even for Tesla.
Third, the CT has also opened up a new set of customers. Many people who never had any interest in a truck now do. No other truck has done that.
That's the theory - we'll see if it turns out to be a reality - but this is far from the first time a product was brought to market that essentially created a new market segment. Personally I've often surmised that the target market for the CT is going to be the new minivan segment since minivans have lost their luster and people aren't having as many kids as in times past, so there's a declining need for three row vehicles, while combining that with an increasing demand for lifestyle vehicles (the Rivian R1T was designed using this same premise). Most 1500 series pickup drivers seldom tow, haul or go off-road - so vehicles like the Rivian and CT are probably trying to steal business away from consumers that fit this market segment. Again, only time will tell whether these attempts are successful based upon consumer demand.

No, a Lightning and it’s the same. Drive it within the speed limit or lower and you’ll get 300+ miles. Drive it any faster and you are way below 300. The CT is more efficient, so it’s should be able to net the same.
my only purpose for getting a CT is towing and business. So the promised 500m range and 14K towing sounded really great. I guess what i meant was 300 miles towing at 65-70mph

Thats not true at all and it hilarious every time someone tries to point this out as the "difference". There was a point in time when I believed this also, until they stopped being s startup:

Tesla has no dealers: Right, only "Showrooms" with Sales Advisors(Salesman) that will talk to you, get your information, and try to get you to put down a $250 Reservation (Order).

Tesla has no Salesman: Right, only "Sales Advisors" who will call, text and ask you to reserve, come test drive because now is a great time.

Tesla has upfront pricing, no mark-ups: Yup, only $20k+ to get a Cybertruck if you want it NOW.

Tesla cuts features and charges more, doesn't include floor mats in a $35k car, can take away your charging privileges if you piss them off, will blame you for anything wrong with the car etc. etc. etc.

Yup, Tesla is not and does not want to be like any other manufacturer .....smh.... Are you all really this blind?
It’s $1000 per “TBD,” EDD; $250 is so yesterday 🤣

Reactions: T3SLAROD