Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two trucks that don’t exist. (RAM vaporware)

Rivian isn’t some magic bullet, it fails with its overly complicated suspension and other known issues. - lots of these trucks having 2+ previous owners, that speaks volumes on how “objectively better” they are with 50+ units sitting unsold at local service centers. How many lemoned units? How many sent the vehicle back within the 7day window?

Silverado EV, have you driven one? The one in my driveway has sub 400miles on it, won’t charge, just came back from service for the same issue. -Stop sale issued by chev on how many of their EV platform?

We might as well start comparing the Nissan-fiskar truck(s) too.
While it's correct the Ramcharger & the RAM 1500 Rev aren't out yet, they're really not that far away, which is why I included them on the list. The RAM 1500 EV is slated for release in Q4. The Ramcharger is next year right after that. TFL has had access to the pre-production versions of both. Therefore, not RAM vaporware.

Must be a big Rock, their fan base is minimal compared to Tesla's.

How many have you seen defending the towing range or range in general of the Lightning. Go on their forums and there is thread after thread about software issues. They aren't defending Farley to the death.
I don't know about Lightning specifically, but on the Rivian forums naysayers like the ones here naysaying against the Cybertruck are easily banned. TMC actually is fairly tolerant in comparison, as long as personal insults don't start swinging.

As for Ford's fan base, I've participated in the past mostly related to the Focus, but it can get quite heated especially versus Chevy.

I don't know about Lightning specifically, but on the Rivian forums naysayers like the ones here naysaying against the Cybertruck are easily banned. TMC actually is fairly tolerant in comparison, as long as personal insults don't start swinging.

As for Ford's fan base, I've participated in the past mostly related to the Focus, but it can get quite heated especially versus Chevy.
As a [romantic|patriotic|idiot|choose-your-verb] American, my one bias is I like to buy American brand vehicles, having owned a mix of Ford, Chevy, Jeep, Tesla, Mercury, and Cadillac. Beyond that, I'm just a fan of what I think is good, and good is a mix of utility, coolness, reliability, cost, and environmental friendliness. My bias doesn't rule out many EV trucks right now, but the F-150 is currently my favorite. I've always been partial to Ford, not because I'm a Ford fan, but just because I tend to like their vehicles better than Chevy or Chrysler. I like Tesla too.

I'm just kind of weary of Cybertruck right now. I don't have a lot of confidence in it yet, and it's not quite what I want it to be. Chevy seems to be having issues for the moment, and the Silverado is not quite ready and I'm not a fan of it's style. The Rivian had what I thought was an unacceptably small bed (the Ford bed is the absolute smallest I consider acceptable). The F-150 is not perfect, but it's pretty good and I'm happy with it.

While it's correct the Ramcharger & the RAM 1500 Rev aren't out yet, they're really not that far away, which is why I included them on the list. The RAM 1500 EV is slated for release in Q4. The Ramcharger is next year right after that. TFL has had access to the pre-production versions of both. Therefore, not RAM vaporware.
By this logic we should start considering the CT with its ~55kWh range extender, into any conversations of range. (Since they used this one to tow the ATC enclosed trailer around for testing)

They’re vaporware until they come out, as like the chev they can be pulled from production at any point.

Pre-production = show car, validation, one off. Whatever you’d like to call it… it means the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TessP100D
I don't know about Lightning specifically, but on the Rivian forums naysayers like the ones here naysaying against the Cybertruck are easily banned.
hell, speaking with your own experience, photos and videos will get you banned from rivian forums/Reddit. It’s due to the volume of employees on all rivian social channels, they must protect the brand at all costs. 😂

Silencing the opinions of those with social media reach was another one of rivians giant failures. They should engage with the owners and address the issues in order to best serve the future customers.

Lord knows everytime I make a negative rivian post I catch a phone call/email/message from corporate or the local level.

Then again, I’m also the only one that can work on a rivian outside of official channels. 😂😶‍🌫️

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Tesla car world comparing the Cybertruck to the Ram TRX just before the release.. No one has compared the Cybertruck to any of these vehicles after the release of the Cybertruck. Just curious if people still believe that the Cybertruck is superior to all other Trucks.

IMG_1066.jpeg

People buying the Cybertruck for it's so called environmentally friendliness then going out and driving in restricted environmental areas.
That's a strawman. Few people nowadays are buying even Teslas in general for environmental friendliness, much less a hulking truck like the Cybertruck. That "green" crowd have long been diluted and make up a very small niche of Tesla buyers. The "truck bros" are even less likely to care (same deal with large trucks like Hummer EV).

People buying the Cybertruck for it's so called environmentally friendliness then going out and driving in restricted environmental areas.
Environmental friendliness is just one possible aspect among many, and may not have been one for this particular buyer, and even if it was you are talking about two different classes of problems that might be weighted differently. Why are those rules in place for that particular beach? If it's environmental reasons, it's still a local and temporary issue (temporary for as long as the truck is there), whereas the CO2 emissions and pollution concerns are a global all eggs in one basket problem that is enduring and hard to reverse, making it a much higher risk higher impact problem than driving on restricted beaches.

I think for sand you probably need something light, or different wheels/tires that can spread the weight out more. Not a good choice for a stock EV truck, or even a stock ICE truck.
Yeah heavy EV trucks are not well suited to stuff like that, given the heavy weight. That said, I think part of the problem is the off-road software isn't out yet. So the truck may ironically be less capable than even something like the Y (other than ground clearance).