Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ordered a few days ago... likely delivery is at least 2025, more likely even later than that.

Not going to comment on pricing. Just wait and see. Nobody really knows what's going on with price (regardless of what they say).

So they only plan to build 80k in 23 and 120k in 2024 per information that has come out. If the total number of orders is over 1.5m and 1/2 take the cars expect a car in 2026+. Also the truck will start at just under $80k and the quad motor will be close to plaid X at about $149k.

So they only plan to build 80k in 23 and 120k in 2024 per information that has come out. If the total number of orders is over 1.5m and 1/2 take the cars expect a car in 2026+. Also the truck will start at just under $80k and the quad motor will be close to plaid X at about $149k.
"They"? Based on what?

The only comment Musk or anyone at Tesla has said about volume is Musk's suggesting that they want to product "at least" 250k. Producing 120k. means the 9k ton Gigapress they bought for this gets idled more than 50% of the time.

I wanted to hold on to my 2016 Model S until getting the truck but, too long. Love the car but re-sale is pretty good still. Just can't seem to pull the trigger on selling. Knowing Tesla production will just keep getting pushed back

What if any configurable options were you able to choose. We're still sitting at the tri motor but I've heard there may be a 4 motor option.

1667845614335.png

What if any configurable options were you able to choose. We're still sitting at the tri motor but I've heard there may be a 4 motor option.

View attachment 872159
They removed the ability to customize configurations before the quad motor option was available so nobody has quad motor selected.

I seriously doubt the current selection is going to matter at this point.

Reactions: Hank42 and outdoors
I ordered the cybbertruck a few days ago. What is delivery look like year 24-25? What is everyones thoughts on pricing?. What does tax credit look like?.
First of all, Welcome to TMC! You can consume many hours on this site. As others have said, only speculation at this point. I think they will follow Ford's pricing with the addition of a quad-motor "Plaid" style offering to compete with the Hummer. That means a $52k dual-motor small battery model that they advertise but never actually make (like the F-150 Pro). A dual motor large pack model for $70k, tri-motor larger pack for $95k, then the aforementioned Hummer-beater in the $150k range.

So in theory the large pack dual motor will qualify for the tax credit ($80k for trucks and SUVs IIRC).

Timing is anyone's guess. I think they deliver 10 trucks in 2023 and ramp from there. This is not a 3/Y ramp. This is all new construction methods, all new materials, etc. They will be slow and late.

We will see how many of those reservation convert once the final pricing comes out.

First of all, Welcome to TMC! You can consume many hours on this site. As others have said, only speculation at this point. I think they will follow Ford's pricing with the addition of a quad-motor "Plaid" style offering to compete with the Hummer. That means a $52k dual-motor small battery model that they advertise but never actually make (like the F-150 Pro). A dual motor large pack model for $70k, tri-motor larger pack for $95k, then the aforementioned Hummer-beater in the $150k range.
I think there will be something to slot into the single motor config slot. They may very well do it similar to the way they did the Model Y SR. Wait until the very tail end of the pre-order period and just release it for a couple of weeks. Then pull it until the backlog is nearly empty.

Now that backlogs are down to 4 weeks or less, they are finally talking about adding the Model Y AWD (not LR) to the config page.

That means we'll see the short range Cybertruck in 2028 or so. :D

I think there will be something to slot into the single motor config slot. They may very well do it similar to the way they did the Model Y SR. Wait until the very tail end of the pre-order period and just release it for a couple of weeks. Then pull it until the backlog is nearly empty.

Now that backlogs are down to 4 weeks or less, they are finally talking about adding the Model Y AWD (not LR) to the config page.

That means we'll see the short range Cybertruck in 2028 or so. :D
Agree but I think it will be a dual motor small battery pack config. There's no reason to build a single motor variant that they won't actually sell. Much less engineering to have a dual motor with a smaller pack config.

Agree but I think it will be a dual motor small battery pack config. There's no reason to build a single motor variant that they won't actually sell. Much less engineering to have a dual motor with a smaller pack config.
Going to be interesting. Most automakers have multiple brands, multiple trim levels per brand, 3-4 body styles, 2-3 bed lengths, off road configurations, plus a dozens of options.

I wonder how many trim levels Tesla is going to boil it down to. Maybe 3-4?

By the time it makes sense for a short range truck, the market is going to be vastly different than it is now.

Going to be interesting. Most automakers have multiple brands, multiple trim levels per brand, 3-4 body styles, 2-3 bed lengths, off road configurations, plus a dozens of options.

I wonder how many trim levels Tesla is going to boil it down to. Maybe 3-4?

By the time it makes sense for a short range truck, the market is going to be vastly different than it is now.
Tesla doesn't have the desire nor the manufacturing capability for too many variants. I think Tesla has shown us that they like 2 variants per model. I do think that will expand a bit w/ the CT as I said.

Dual motor small pack (loss leader and will go the way of the $35k M3)
Dual motor large pack (Long Range)
Tri motor large pack (Performance)
Quad motor larger pack (Plaid)

So 3 actual variants. There will be tiny variations in the interior/accessories between the variants.

Reactions: wipster
Tesla doesn't have the desire nor the manufacturing capability for too many variants. I think Tesla has shown us that they like 2 variants per model. I do think that will expand a bit w/ the CT as I said.

Dual motor small pack (loss leader and will go the way of the $35k M3)
Dual motor large pack (Long Range)
Tri motor large pack (Performance)
Quad motor larger pack (Plaid)

So 3 actual variants. There will be tiny variations in the interior/accessories between the variants.
This is why a lot of people think the tri motor variant is gone.

They don't have both a Performance and a Plaid model in any product lineup. They do have a shorter range version and a Performance version of the Model 3 and the Model Y.

So in theory the large pack dual motor will qualify for the tax credit ($80k for trucks and SUVs IIRC).

Timing is anyone's guess. I think they deliver 10 trucks in 2023 and ramp from there. This is not a 3/Y ramp. This is all new construction methods, all new materials, etc. They will be slow and late.

We will see how many of those reservation convert once the final pricing comes out.
My company is actually giving away an F-150 Pro this month (an all base config), so they are being made.

• Informative
Reactions: strider