Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DAF Semis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The biggest issue I see is that she mentions “we sell chargers etc” so you’re responsible for installing chargers for your cross country runs? That’s the biggest issue I see trying to I corporate semi truck charging

The biggest issue I see is that she mentions “we sell chargers etc” so you’re responsible for installing chargers for your cross country runs? That’s the biggest issue I see trying to I corporate semi truck charging

Thats how it currently works with all the electric Semis globally. Do you think they put public chargers at their depots? Do you see a lot of places for a semi to charge with a trailer attached mid route?

No electric semis are doing cross country runs, they are for local/regional use and mostly depot to depot. Even if there were chargers available at a truck stop, drivers would have to stop too frequently to make it plausible. There needs to be some serious advances in battery tech to make EV long haul a reality. Good news is a majority of semis are not long haul so current technologies work in many use cases and especially in the most polluted zones.

Who in the world are they trying to reach with this video?
My guess would be fleet owners in Europe?

DAF is owned by Paccar, the same company that owns Peterbilt & Kenworth.

In other news, Peterbilt just took an order for 150 Peterbilt EV's for one client. To put that in perspective Pepsi-co has 36 Tesla Semis.

It's primarily a huge deal because that delivery will allow the dealer group/ Peterbilt permission to sell 2,850 diesel semi's into the CA market, which is just huge as most dealers can't sell any diesels as they haven't sold any EV's to get allotment.