Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily Driver - Model 3 LR vs P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With zero additional info about you or what your goals are…get the LR so I can be one spot closer for the P.

If you don’t care that much about performance and driving dynamics, the LR would be fine. If you qualify for the tax credit the P makes more sense. I mean an ‘08 corolla could do the job also. Well now I put more time into this response than your post deserves lol.

If this was last year I would have said LR since there’s not much difference besides acceleration.

But with the new performance you get the sports seats and adaptive suspension which seems to be an improvement over the LR based on reviews.

Just keep in mind it has summer tires so if you have cold/snowy winters you’ll need a set of winter tires and wheels.

i also own Tesla stock!

I don't qualify for any tax credit. I partly want the performance as I think it will retain value better so when the refreshed model Y comes out I can trade for that. I do like to drive fast too.
Keep in mind that many of the people buying an M3P will have a $7,500 advantage over you in terms of the purchase price so when they go to resell it they can afford to sell it for less because they got into it for less. So I would only buy the M3P if it’s because that’s the car you really want. I suspect it will take a bigger hit on depreciation than the LR model, especially if the tax credit is stil around when you go to sell.