Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dance mode without self present doors upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Quick question... was in a service centre last week and an MX dance was being shown to another client and the sales guys said “every MX does this no extras needed”

Great I thought, but then I thought about the front doors as they waved about, if you’ve got an MX without the self presenting doors will it still fully dance or do the front doors just stay closed?

Because of the way the doors work on an MX there is clearly a motor in the door to open it when you press the door handle so do they all have the fully open/close motors to make self present work but it’s not enabled by software if not purchased?

Thanks

Hi,

Quick question... was in a service centre last week and an MX dance was being shown to another client and the sales guys said “every MX does this no extras needed”

Great I thought, but then I thought about the front doors as they waved about, if you’ve got an MX without the self presenting doors will it still fully dance or do the front doors just stay closed?

Because of the way the doors work on an MX there is clearly a motor in the door to open it when you press the door handle so do they all have the fully open/close motors to make self present work but it’s not enabled by software if not purchased?

Thanks
Yup. To confirm, I asked my schedule a few months later if I they could enable the software flag for the spef presenting doors and they said not at the moment but maybe in the future

Reactions: Fellsteruk
Yup. To confirm, I asked my schedule a few months later if I they could enable the software flag for the spef presenting doors and they said not at the moment but maybe in the future
Just like everything else tesla - this is where you just take matters into your own hands, root the car and uncripple it. The doors, the slacker restarting songs from start, maps, soft locked batteries, rear seats heating, uncorking, ... (I am probably forgetting a bunch of stuff too)

Works fine on my X without the self presenting doors.

Little trick is to make sure that you are parked on a flat area or next to a tree/building or it will not work.

Cannot do it on my sloped driveway, but parked in the street works fine.

Also make sure that watchers do not walk up to the car and trigger it's proximety sensors, as that will also keep it from dancing.

Reactions: Fellsteruk
Thanks, I guess it makes it easier to build the cars if they all have it but does make me think what on earth are you really paying £5700 for the HEPA filter can be sourced and fitted for £300 so that does seem a lot for a few seat heaters and some extra speakers :(

Maybe we’ll all wake up one day and have it for free like Spotify :)

Works fine on my X without the self presenting doors.

Little trick is to make sure that you are parked on a flat area or next to a tree/building or it will not work.

Cannot do it on my sloped driveway, but parked in the street works fine.

Also make sure that watchers do not walk up to the car and trigger it's proximety sensors, as that will also keep it from dancing.
Right, xmas show works w/o PUP. If not, you have some other problem.