Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam in Auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to recover my "deleted" footage of the specific time that I needed for my accident (parking lot door dent) happened 2 days ago. That footage was viewable at that time when I go to Recent videos, but it has then been overwritten. However, despite usage of the recovery tool, I still cannot find that footage; I can find footage the day before and also afterward when I drive home :(

Maybe some action I did corrupted that set of recorded videos.

I tried to recover my "deleted" footage of the specific time that I needed for my accident (parking lot door dent) happened 2 days ago. That footage was viewable at that time when I go to Recent videos, but it has then been overwritten. However, despite usage of the recovery tool, I still cannot find that footage; I can find footage the day before and also afterward when I drive home :(

Maybe some action I did corrupted that set of recorded videos.
It's also possible it got moved to a different folder. Also the recovery tools do not necessarily recover in order, you may have to sample it to find the right clip. Also make sure you are recovering to a separate drive. If you recover to the drive itself, it will overwrite other footage.

It's also possible it got moved to a different folder. Also the recovery tools do not necessarily recover in order, you may have to sample it to find the right clip. Also make sure you are recovering to a separate drive. If you recover to the drive itself, it will overwrite other footage.
Yeah I deep scan through the whole disk 3-4 times and eye ball every single discovered photos over each times :( Still nothing.

Like I commented earlier, I can find the footage the day before the accident as well as my return home trip after the accident. Just not that specific footage of the accident. Still very bummed about it, but I think I should be fine for the insurance claim.

There are issues with loop recording, so you should delete your old videos regularly. My hard drive was full, so I thought it would loop record the latest 59 minutes under recent. At 8:30pm, when I went to Recent, it showed my driving from 11 am. There was nothing afterwards. There was no loop recording in any of the files in the hard drive. Am I forgetting to check something? Is there an option I have to click for "Loop Recording?" I thought it's automatic.

There are issues with loop recording, so you should delete your old videos regularly. My hard drive was full, so I thought it would loop record the latest 59 minutes under recent. At 8:30pm, when I went to Recent, it showed my driving from 11 am. There was nothing afterwards. There was no loop recording in any of the files in the hard drive. Am I forgetting to check something? Is there an option I have to click for "Loop Recording?" I thought it's automatic.
Take the drive out (safely remove drive by pressing and holding until icon turns gray to pause recording, then unplug) and view the folders in a computer.

The loop recording happens automatically. There is a one hour loop that is saved in the RecentClips folder. The drive may fill up with Sentry events or Saved clips, but it automatically should clear out the Sentry folder. It doesn't however clear out the Saved Clips folder, so if you save a ton of clips and never clear it, it's possible that took up too much space.

the Saved Clips folder, so if you save a ton of clips and never clear it, it's possible that took up too much space.
hmm, that's one thing I didn't consider in my analysis. On my PC, Recent clip was just the one from 11 am. yes, it's possible that the Saved Clips took too much space, and somehow prevented Tesla from overwriting my 11am footage? I better check that when I get my car back from the repair shop.