Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It definitely used to record full drives and keep them until the drive was full. I know this because I’ve pulled several clips from it in the past this way. There are other people in this forum posting up the same behaviour as well.

Unless the drive was less than an hour- nope.

The recent folder was always a 1 hour buffer- and it'd reset on new drives.

See the 2 links I provided previously.

Here's an even older one lamenting the fact it only retains 1 hour in recent- this one is from over a year and a half ago-

Dang - I NEEDED the TeslaCam to record and/or store longer times

Just removed my flash drive from my car, and plugged it into my PC, and the drive is completely empty after driving thousands of miles with dashcam and sentry enabled. It does show up on my computer as TESLADRIVE, but it is completely empty. I wanted to review an incident from last night. Luckily I didn't need any footage for anything important like an accident or vandalism. I have two flash drives that I swap back and forth so that my car is always protected (so I thought). The recording function was definitely working within the last couple of weeks when I checked last. Is anyone else having this issue?