Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam paused, won’t un-pause

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE RED DOT BACK TO THE ON SCREEN ICON, TRY REFORMATTING -

I have a 16GB USB Drive working fine. I did notice after I installed a freshly reformatted drive that the red dot cam on and it worked fine, however I was curious and took it out to watch some of the videos and then deleted them. Later after putting in the drive, I noticed the Cam Image icon came up on the main display, but the red dot was not working. After trying a number of things including experimenting with the drive name etc, I fixed it by reformatting the drive again and just put it in and leave it there.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpudLime
WELL AFTER A FEW DAYS THE RED DOT WENT AWAY and I didn't touch anything. So much for that conclusion. I am only using a 16gb USB drive, so don't know if thats the problem or not. I would have though the files erase after 24 hours or overwrite the oldest, like most designed devices, but who knows...... ANYONE?

I had all the same problems. Most I could get was maybe 2 days of uninterrupted working. The. It would stop again (red dot goes away) and I would start over and reformat again.
But finally I bought a 32GB PATRIOT usb stick with much better read write speeds.
I have been using it for nearly 9 days now without a single hiccup.
So I honestly don’t know what the issue was I just know it’s working now since the new usb.
On .40 BTW.