Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam USB too slow after V10 update

Daisame

Apr 29, 2019
Sicklerville NJ
I just hope your SSDs are designed to work in the temperatures your vehicles may experience. Not all SSDs (like any memory storage product) are not created equal. Most of these are designed to work in relatively climate stable computer environments. Not in vehicles that can go from -20C to 80C.

Mbrockus

Aug 6, 2017
Arlington, WA
I just hope your SSDs are designed to work in the temperatures your vehicles may experience. Not all SSDs (like any memory storage product) are not created equal. Most of these are designed to work in relatively climate stable computer environments. Not in vehicles that can go from -20C to 80C.

What is the temperature range of your storage solution? My ssd is "rated" from 0c to 70c. Generally heat is the most destructive and if my car does get anywhere close to 70C internal I hope Cabin Overheat has kicked in and kept it from that extreme.

Reactions: Watts_Up

davidengler

Dec 3, 2019
LOS ANGELES
From my testing, I only get the error after I try to check the car status from the phone app. Otherwise the error does not show up. This seem like a bug, I hope its fixed in the next update.

Daisame

Apr 29, 2019
Sicklerville NJ
From my testing, I only get the error after I try to check the car status from the phone app. Otherwise the error does not show up. This seem like a bug, I hope its fixed in the next update.

Maybe, I don't have the issue at all, regardless of the phone app. Maybe a bug, but only if the catalyst for it to occur is something else.

Mar 28, 2020
FL
Is anyone having success with "SanDisk 1TB Extreme PRO Portable External SSD" for Sentry / Dashcam storage for Model X? I know Samsung T5 is used and recommended by many folks here but I wonder how that performs as well given the fact it must likely has a bus power draw higher than the 2W Model X threshold (vs. 5~6 for Model 3 and Y).

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC