Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Date Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3 does that. Opening any door engages last audio feed.
correct however it turns off when you close the door. It is annoying to someone like a lady friend whos door you open to let in the car. The stereo turns on but then turns off until the driver gets in the car. To fix this, Tesla could leave it as is for when opening the drivers door but when the passenger door is opened first there is a delay until the stereo turns off.

correct however it turns off when you close the door. It is annoying to someone like a lady friend whos door you open to let in the car. The stereo turns on but then turns off until the driver gets in the car. To fix this, Tesla could leave it as is for when opening the drivers door but when the passenger door is opened first there is a delay until the stereo turns off.
Life hack for this, just don't fully close your door when you get out. If the door is still cracked, the stereo and climate control stay on.

Life hack for this, just don't fully close your door when you get out. If the door is still cracked, the stereo and climate control stay on.
Doesn't work if the two of you are entering the car rather than exiting.

I don't have this issue since my wife can and prefers to open her door herself, so we usually enter or exit the car almost simultaneously. ;)

Not in my car to say for sure but after you close her door and the music stops can she just tap the screen to activate it as long as your phone key or key card is near? I'm sometimes a passenger in my car and am in first as a passenger and end up touching the screen to reactivate the audio but don't remember under what circumstances it works. Just know I do it and I'm the only one in the car at that particular moment.

Reactions: swaltner