Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Day 1 of 2 Ceramic coating/Very impressed with build quality (pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks fantastic!

I have red, too and I have been thinking about using the same product, but without using a polisher for the prep.
I strongly suggest you should clean & correct the pant first. Once you apply all contaminates and imperfections will be (semi) permanently sealed below the ceramic. No since in doing a less than ½ job on something that is VERY long term.

598576DF-BE05-4E5A-8340-1BB727E2CB6C.jpeg
Like glass. CQuartz UK 3.0.

• Love
Reactions: Kleenerth3
I strongly suggest you should clean & correct the pant first. Once you apply all contaminates and imperfections will be (semi) permanently sealed below the ceramic. No since in doing a less than ½ job on something that is VERY long term.
Absolutely!!! This part of my process took 2 full days and I went through 3 polishing pads. The swirls in the paint would be a stretch to call "micro".
Julien is right, w/o correction, the ceramic will make each imperfection more visible and it will drive you nuts.
I used Adam's ceramic but the ends the same and I'm so glad I did.
IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190710_102936442.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
One thing you said at the top of the thread, the build quality has gotten so good. Ya, we're putting extra shine on them, but the panel gaps y'all posted on your cars are awesome. All 4 of my door gaps are within 1/16". My frunk hood gap is exactly the same, end to end. I worked harder to get rid of the micro- swirls than the minimal amount of orange peel.
DAMN I love my M3 and I love yours too!

One thing you said at the top of the thread, the build quality has gotten so good. Ya, we're putting extra shine on them, but the panel gaps y'all posted on your cars are awesome. All 4 of my door gaps are within 1/16". My frunk hood gap is exactly the same, end to end. I worked harder to get rid of the micro- swirls than the minimal amount of orange peel.

Zero gap or alignment issues on my June biuld, and I mean ZERO. No dust nibs, swirls or other abominations :eek: on mine as others have reported on this forum..

Yea I think Tesla has mastered the STANDARD art/science of car manufacture. The only problem is you have the "Apple Maps" left over effect. Now any problem gets magnified and blamed as on the past ways.

Have to agree. The panel gaps are very consistent on my car, I’ve located one dust particle in the paint but it’s in a spot that nobody’s going to ever notice it so I’m. It going to worry with it.

The paint job and quality appears to be at least as good as our BMW and far superior to my 2017 Jeep.

Have to agree. The panel gaps are very consistent on my car, I’ve located one dust particle in the paint but it’s in a spot that nobody’s going to ever notice it so I’m. It going to worry with it.

The paint job and quality appears to be at least as good as our BMW and far superior to my 2017 Jeep.
I found 2 tiny dust nibs, one under the Xpel clear bra. Another thread mentioned not needing to polish and prep underneath the Xpel but I'm glad I did. Installer said it would have left a tiny air Halo immediately around it
Still amazing how nice the original paint job was. I mean we're talking a handful of nibs between all of us... NICE.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy