Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCFC - Orlando, FL - W Robinson St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. So far as we know, this location will only have DC fast chargers, not L2. Which means that you won't be able to charge unless you buy an appropriate adapter for CCS or CHAdeMO. The adapter that comes with the car (J1772) won't let you charge there.
Well *sugar*, those are over $500. Doesn't seem worth it to ever charge there if that's the case.

83C440D3-2007-4708-BE97-E0FED365F001.jpeg

Attachments

• 21E2A046-9A0C-44EF-AE2C-5B98CD13336D.jpeg
    21E2A046-9A0C-44EF-AE2C-5B98CD13336D.jpeg
    794.9 KB · Views: 88
Snarky answer: Well, I suppose that depends on your definition of "costly". :)

Non-snarky answer: No, the only way to charge a Tesla here will be with either the CHAdeMO or the CCS adapter, either of which will set you back over $300.
I’m guessing there will be J1772 level 2 chargers there as well, as not all EVs can charge at level 3. I read that they claim you will be able to charge any electric vehicle there, which would include Nissan Leafs for example, which cannot charge at level 3.

Do you know if we will be able to charge Tesla's there without any costly adapter?
I’m guessing there will be J1772 level 2 chargers there as well, as not all EVs can charge at level 3. I read that they claim you will be able to charge any electric vehicle there, which would include Nissan Leafs for example, which cannot charge at level 3.

Reactions: d1ez3
Permit filed July last year:

https://permitlookup.cityoforlando.net/WebPermits/Permits/LoginViaSearch?PermitNumber=BLD2022-18171

Description: THE ORLANDO UTILITIES COMMISSION (OUC) IS DEVELOPING AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CHARGING HUB LOCATED AT 129 W. ROBINSON ST. THE HUB WILL PROVIDE 20 HIGH-SPEED (LEVEL 3) EV CHARGERS, MADE BY POWER ELECTRONICS. THE PROJECT WILL ALSO INCLUDE THE CONDUIT AND SPACE ALLOCATION FOR 2 ADDITIONAL FUTURE HIGH-SPEED EV CHARGERS AND 3 FUTURE 2 EV CHARGERS. THERE WILL ALSO BE 4 PARKING SPOTS AND FLATBED DELIVERY ACCESS GATE TO SUPPORT THE NEIGHBORING OUC SUBSTATION. WHEN COMPLETE, THE HUB WILL BE THE LARGEST HIGH-SPEED CHARGING HUB SERVING EVs OF ALL TYPES IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. HIGH-SPEED CHARGERS ARE ABLE TO CHARGE ELECTRIC VEHICLES IN 20-60 MINUTES. WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR VEHICLES TO CHARGE, VISITORS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO A PAVILION WITH SEATING AND WASTE RECEPTACLES. THEY WILL ALSO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT LOCAL SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS, INCLUDING THE ACE CAFE' ADJACENT TO THE PROJECT SITE. THE SITE WILL FEATURE A XERISCAPE LANDSCAPE DESIGN, WILL ALLOW 24/7 VISITOR ACCESS, AND WILL BE MONITORED FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY OF VISITORS AND SIRE EQUIPMENT. THE PROJECT WILL INCLUDE SITE WORK, SEWER AND UNDERGROUND WATER PIPING AND CONNECTION, ELECTRICAL UNDERGROUND WIRING AND CONNECTION, HARDSCAPE (INCLUDING AN ASPHALT PARKING LOT, CONCRETE SIDEWALK/CURBS/GUTTERS, AND CONCRETE PADS FOR ELECTRICAL AND CHARGING EQUIPMENT), SITE WALL/FENCING AND ACCESS GATE, PAVILION AND ACCESSORY INSTALLATION, ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT, AND LANDSCAPING. ZONE: AV-3/T APP REC VIA EMAIL

No mention of Tesla or Superchargers,

Major miss by the city to not have any NACS chargers or even Level 2. I live, work, and play downtown so frequently pass this site. It's always empty. The city needs to hire new consultants and do a new market study. CCS is dead, all EV makers not named Tesla are dead, NACS is the standard, move on.

Reactions: h2oAok
I use these fairly regularly with my non Tesla EV (Volvo XC40 Recharge), and several of the DCFC have complimentary CCS1 to NACS adapters in boxes attached to the "EV Charging" signs for Tesla drivers to use. It uses the Chargeup app which is used in Disney Springs and as well.

As far as quick food/bev/restroom options nearby, it's reasonably close to Stemma's Coffee (a block over around the corner), so I'll usually walk there, grab coffee, and do what I need to do.

Anyway, I highlighted the boxes in a few pics off of plugshare.

1696299795636.png

1696299839887.png

Reactions: voxel
I use these fairly regularly with my non Tesla EV (Volvo XC40 Recharge), and several of the DCFC have complimentary CCS1 to NACS adapters in boxes attached to the "EV Charging" signs for Tesla drivers to use. It uses the Chargeup app which is used in Disney Springs and as well.

As far as quick food/bev/restroom options nearby, it's reasonably close to Stemma's Coffee (a block over around the corner), so I'll usually walk there, grab coffee, and do what I need to do.

Anyway, I highlighted the boxes in a few pics off of plugshare.

View attachment 979136

View attachment 979137
Wow...I didn't know this, and I work out across the street. Great find I kind of want to go try the CCS with the Tesla now.