Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Mouse in Frunk. Countermeasures?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a dead mouse in Tessie's Frunk (see sig).
I've got traps that work well in the garage, but what are some effective countermeasures you've used?
Other than biological countermeasures (cats, snakes), Irish Spring soap bars work really well. As recommended by our pest control guy.
I have 1 bar (in paper box, out of plastic shrink wrap) in the frunk and 1 in glove box of Model 3.
I have had my insurance and registration paperwork previously shredded inside the Model 3 glovebox a few years ago. Presumably by mice. Irish Spring soap bars have been effective at preventing reoccurrences.

a

Last edited:
Other than biological countermeasures (cats, snakes), Irish Spring soap bars work really well. As recommended by our pest control guy.
I have 1 bar (in paper box, out of plastic shrink wrap) in the frunk and 1 in glove box of Model 3.
I have had my insurance and registration paperwork previously shredded inside the Model 3 glovebox a few years ago. Presumably by mice. Irish Spring soap bars have been effective at preventing reoccurrences.

a
Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m gonna stick a couple bars around my stored bmw.

how do they get in there?
It is a bit of a mystery. Mice can squeeze through small cracks, but another question is how it climbed up. It could have climbed up the tires, but then what? Everything is slippery. And it wasn't clever enough to get back out, apparently.

Related mouse story:

I thought I heard a mouse in the garage. I started looking around for the mouse traps, and when I passed the empty plastic trash can, I looked down and there he was. He must have climbed up on something and jumped in. I was in a charitable mood and released him about 50 yards from the house

The next day, I heard the noise again, and when I looked, the mouse was in the trash can again—it must have been the same guy. He wasn't a good learner. I dispatched him humanely.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
It is a bit of a mystery. Mice can squeeze through small cracks, but another question is how it climbed up. It could have climbed up the tires, but then what? Everything is slippery. And it wasn't clever enough to get back out, apparently.

Related mouse story:

I thought I heard a mouse in the garage. I started looking around for the mouse traps, and when I passed the empty plastic trash can, I looked down and there he was. He must have climbed up on something and jumped in. I was in a charitable mood and released him about 50 yards from the house

The next day, I heard the noise again, and when I looked, the mouse was in the trash can again—it must have been the same guy. He wasn't a good learner. I dispatched him humanely.
Ha. Good story. But I have this thought:

We own a cat. Was never trained by his parents to hunt mice. The cat and us have an arrangement: We put his leash on, and he can wander around the property while we hang out outside on the porch. Like a toddler, he comes by from time to time to check that we're still there.

A month or so ago he came racing up onto the porch and Wanted In. Took a look: And he had an expired mouse in his mouth. No, he didn't get to go in with it 😁.

Real outdoor cats are an issue, sometimes. But the thought occurs: Put a cat door in the door to the garage, so when the garage doors are down, a cat can wander in and out. Then, get a cat. Methinks any mice would become Discouraged, one way or another.

I would suggest placing more traps, baited with peanut butter. These bucket style traps work well:

If the mice can get to a coolant line they can kill your Tesla:

Last edited: