Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I have a quick question, I dropped my car off couple of days ago to get blackview installed, but somehow the installer tells me that for something they did they can’t power the touchscreen at all. And I am away on a business trip I noticed I can’t even talk to the car. Anyone has any idea what might be the cause ? They are bringing it to tesla tomorrow . Thanks

Did you try to reboot? Try to do this:

- Put your foot on the brake
- Press both steering knobs down until Tesla logo comes up
- Release brake and steering wheel buttons as soon as the Tesla logo is up

I used to have "dead" screen which did not come up when I entered the car and Tesla support told me to try this reboot. She said that this is different from the normal reboot I did. (Press both buttons without the brake) And since I did that, my "dead" screen problem seems to be stopped.

Hi all

I have a quick question, I dropped my car off couple of days ago to get blackview installed, but somehow the installer tells me that for something they did they can’t power the touchscreen at all. And I am away on a business trip I noticed I can’t even talk to the car. Anyone has any idea what might be the cause ? They are bringing it to tesla tomorrow . Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: Dave B and MikeBur
I am having the same problem. My screen when dead and have zero access to anything. The car drives, but everything else is dead.
Who would have thought hand signals to turn and stop would be revived by Tesla? I am having streaming and cellphone dialing issues and of course if I reboot while driving the turn signals don’t work. If you get stopped for failure to signal that will be an interesting discussion with the cop.

Our Model 3 sat in San Francisco for several days with the black screen of death. It could be driven but nothing else worked. They replaced the screen, the computer and a couple other things. We are still not sure what the precipitating problem was. Model 3 is now home safe. Had to redo iPhone stuff but all is well.