Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dealers and free supercharging FUSC transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not at all clear: my MS LR Jan 2020 has FUSC with no caveats. My understanding is that selling privately or to a 3rd party dealer like Symonds would transfer it to the new owner.
Obviously if Tesla "owned" it at some point they could sell it with whatever configuration they wished.

It's not at all clear: my MS LR Jan 2020 has FUSC with no caveats. My understanding is that selling privately or to a 3rd party dealer like Symonds would transfer it to the new owner.
Obviously if Tesla "owned" it at some point they could sell it with whatever configuration they wished.

So, I have never owned a model S... but with that being said, It was my understanding that "Free unlimited supercharging that is transferrable to someone else" ended sometime in 2017. I dont think your 2020 has "FUSC with no caveats". I think it has "FUSC that wont transfer to anyone when you sell it, no matter who you sell it to".

Someone with more knowledge on this exact topic will correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think yours will transfer to anyone at all.

As for OP, the reason I said " you cant know" is because there is no way to guarantee custody of a vehicle on a dealers lot with 100% certainty, so, you cant know for sure in that situation (buying from a dealer). Any vehicle bought from a dealer should be bought without "FUSC" priced into the deal.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
As for OP, the reason I said " you cant know" is because there is no way to guarantee custody of a vehicle on a dealers lot with 100% certainty, so, you cant know for sure in that situation (buying from a dealer). Any vehicle bought from a dealer should be bought without "FUSC" priced into the deal.

Yeah wish there was a way to know

Thanks for the replies.
I found a - pretty long, and not correct in places - list of all the codes for a particular model and build. The list of codes for YOUR particular car is available by logging in to your Tesla account, right clicking on the picture of your vehicle and selecting "copy as a URL" or words to that effect.
If you paste that into your browser and enter it merely brings up a full page picture of your car, but the URL contains a comma separated list of your car's build codes such as wheels, paint, supercharging, connectivity etc etc etc.
And, in answer to my own question and unfortunately, the posters above are correct - free supercharging while I own the car.

Lately Tesla has been showing service visits in the App but only the owner has that info to share. I’ve never heard of Tesla telling a buyer the service history of a car.

Other brands, in general, dont do this either. If you have an "in" with a service writer at a specific brand, sometimes you can get them to show it to you on their screen or something, but "I want to see the service history on this car I dont own yet" is not something that is usually done by any brand.

Before people jump on me with 'but I got...", like I said, if one has an "In" somewhere, its possible, and sometimes someone might do it to make a sale, but its not "the norm" for anyone to give service history on a car that is not owned by that person.

Reactions: Jabbahop