Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deciding between MYP versus older 2018+ P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. So I currently own a german ICE vehicle and looking at buying a tesla. I am stuck deciding between a 2018+ model S versus newer 2021+ MYP? Which do you guys think I should get? I have test driven the MYP. I am torn between the faster model s and nicer ride versus more updated battery & technology in the MYP.

Model S has a better battery.

3/Y’s degrade faster than X/S’s

Newer battery isn’t necessary better.

Also the new cooling on the (Refresh, which you are not considering) battery on the S is what allows it to kick ass after you’re going 40 mph. And can handle back to back launches better.

See if you can stretch your budget for a Raven (released early 2019). Rather get a Raven with more miles.

Model S has a better battery.

3/Y’s degrade faster than X/S’s

Newer battery isn’t necessary better.

Also the new cooling on the (Refresh, which you are not considering) battery on the S is what allows it to kick ass after you’re going 40 mph. And can handle back to back launches better.

See if you can stretch your budget for a Raven (released early 2019). Rather get a Raven with more miles.
Yeah I could get a 2019. The only other things crossing my mind are the heat pump in the Y because I live in a cold climate, updated radar with vision system, and I prefer the landscape screen. Also would not have to deal with air suspension problems. I dont know though. It would be ideal if I could get the refreshed model s, but that is just out of my budget.

Yeah I could get a 2019. The only other things crossing my mind are the heat pump in the Y because I live in a cold climate, updated radar with vision system, and I prefer the landscape screen. Also would not have to deal with air suspension problems. I dont know though. It would be ideal if I could get the refreshed model s, but that is just out of my budget.
If you want to avoid problems heat pump is one of them. I love the air suspension. You can get 3rd party extended warranty for reasonable rates. Search the forum. I forget the name.