Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to pick up car today. But after seeing dirt that looked like rust in paint on front hood and chips/scratches on trunk, passenger front door and front driver side fender, I rejected it. They pushed hard to have car sent to body shop for repainting. I’m just not comfortable having 4 large panels repainted in a brand new car.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Oldman
Went to pick up car today. But after seeing dirt that looked like rust in paint on front hood and chips/scratches on trunk, passenger front door and front driver side fender, I rejected it. They pushed hard to have car sent to body shop for repainting. I’m just not comfortable having 4 large panels repainted in a brand new car.

This one sounds worse than the last? That’s a concerning trend. Did they say when you’d have another car?

More issues than last. Fit was better but still off. Also edge of windshield above driver side door looked chipped. The sales advisor said he would get back to me about another match. I politely asked that I don’t be rematched with a rejected car :eek: . A lot of people would have probably agreed to getting those panels repainted. Maybe I’m too picky

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
More issues than last. Fit was better but still off. Also edge of windshield above driver side door looked chipped. The sales advisor said he would get back to me about another match. I politely asked that I don’t be rematched with a rejected car :eek: . A lot of people would have probably agreed to getting those panels repainted. Maybe I’m too picky

What did you get? Want to much sure I don’t have the same config ;)

Wouldn’t consider it a free paint job if you pay that much for a car. Shouldn’t it come with a new paint job?

Definitely!

I know next to nothing about painting and transporting cars but since all car companies do it you would think it’s fairly reliable by now. I do wonder how many other cars have this and dealers are cleaning up/repainting the cars before they are seen.