Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool, thanks, I'll look for the email

Monday delivery coming up and no comms yet, I reached out to delivery coordinator (Las Vegas), inside sales rep and Dedham delivery all via email and heard nothing. Not sure what’s involved in the registration and how much involvement there is from Registry of Motor Vehicles (MA registration) but I’m getting a little concerned that nobody has asked for my insurance info and contacted my agent as I can’t leave with the car in MA unless it’s registered and plated. I’ll do another round of emails / calls today.

Monday delivery coming up and no comms yet, I reached out to delivery coordinator (Las Vegas), inside sales rep and Dedham delivery all via email and heard nothing. Not sure what’s involved in the registration and how much involvement there is from Registry of Motor Vehicles (MA registration) but I’m getting a little concerned that nobody has asked for my insurance info and contacted my agent as I can’t leave with the car in MA unless it’s registered and plated. I’ll do another round of emails / calls today.

I got through with a call to Dedham on Wednesday. Was told my documents were ready and he'd email them right over, and he confirmed he had the right email address. Still haven't received the email. Going to call again today as my delivery is scheduled for Wednesday and I need to get everything to my credit union so they can cut the check.

My delivery advisor from Vegas rarely responds to any email. Asked her for the same stuff, to update the insurance, and if I could add a referral code and no response.

I got through with a call to Dedham on Wednesday. Was told my documents were ready and he'd email them right over, and he confirmed he had the right email address. Still haven't received the email. Going to call again today as my delivery is scheduled for Wednesday and I need to get everything to my credit union so they can cut the check.

My delivery advisor from Vegas rarely responds to any email. Asked her for the same stuff, to update the insurance, and if I could add a referral code and no response.

Thanks for replying. When I call Dedham I’ve always been bounced to HQ call center. I’ll keep trying. Good luck!

Thanks for replying. When I call Dedham I’ve always been bounced to HQ call center. I’ll keep trying. Good luck!

I was able to get through both times this week. Pressing 4 for "New Car Deliveries" or whatever it says. This time, the person stayed on the line while he scanned and sent everything over.

I will say, while there's been some confusion and moments of radio silence, when I do actually talk to someone from Tesla they have been very friendly and helpful.

Also, for what it's worth, if you happened to get a text last week stating your car is ready for delivery... the rep said everyone got those when the cars made it to Rhode Island. The cars are brought up the day of delivery and they can only handle about 36 deliveries each day. He also said that the storage lot situation should be resolved soon, so hopefully they've found somewhere closer (or at least in the same state).

I was able to get through both times this week. Pressing 4 for "New Car Deliveries" or whatever it says. This time, the person stayed on the line while he scanned and sent everything over.

I will say, while there's been some confusion and moments of radio silence, when I do actually talk to someone from Tesla they have been very friendly and helpful.

Also, for what it's worth, if you happened to get a text last week stating your car is ready for delivery... the rep said everyone got those when the cars made it to Rhode Island. The cars are brought up the day of delivery and they can only handle about 36 deliveries each day. He also said that the storage lot situation should be resolved soon, so hopefully they've found somewhere closer (or at least in the same state).

I have the MVPA signed up, insurance for the car, and loan check in hand. Do I need anything else for the delivery? I can't think of anything.

I have the MVPA signed up, insurance for the car, and loan check in hand. Do I need anything else for the delivery? I can't think of anything.

Sounds like you are in good shape.

Curious about the insurance —did Tesla themselves reach out to your insurance to get them to stamp the RMV-1 (assuming you are registering in MA) or did you just have your insurance agent add the vehicle to your policy and you plan to bring something to show them at delivery? I’ve always done the former buying cars in MA but Tesla has not asked me about insurance and it’s getting really close to my Monday delivery.

I just called Dedham and left a message.

Curious about the insurance —did Tesla themselves reach out to your insurance to get them to stamp the RMV-1 (assuming you are registering in MA) or did you just have your insurance agent add the vehicle to your policy and you plan to bring something to show them at delivery? I’ve always done the former buying cars in MA but Tesla has not asked me about insurance and it’s getting really close to my Monday delivery.

They'll handle getting the insurance stamp for you. :)

They'll handle getting the insurance stamp for you. :)

Cool thanks for confirming that’s how they do it.
Wondering if they get to it day of delivery? Been trying to give them my insurance info but nobody has acknowledged my email, text, phone messages and my insurance agent hasn’t been contacted.
As I have a 530pm appointment Monday (and my insurance agent closes 430pm) I’m hoping they take care of this by Monday morning.
Worst case I suppose I will show up early and deal with it but my wife probably won’t be happy hanging out there all afternoon.

See you are in Shirley, I’m in Acton. Probably see you out on Rte 2 sometime!

Hi one more thing....is this the ready for delivery text you mentioned?

This is Adrian at Tesla letting you know your Tesla Model 3 is now scheduled for delivery on 12-10-2018 at 5:30PM at our Dedham location! Please log on to www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete your account profile. Feel free to reply if you have any scheduling concerns.

Cool thanks for confirming that’s how they do it.
Wondering if they get to it day of delivery? Been trying to give them my insurance info but nobody has acknowledged my email, text, phone messages and my insurance agent hasn’t been contacted.
As I have a 530pm appointment Monday (and my insurance agent closes 430pm) I’m hoping they take care of this by Monday morning.
Worst case I suppose I will show up early and deal with it but my wife probably won’t be happy hanging out there all afternoon.

See you are in Shirley, I’m in Acton. Probably see you out on Rte 2 sometime!

Hi neighbor! If you see a Red M3 on Rt 2, that's probably me :)

I attempted my delivery on Sept 29, during the nuttiness. I spent 5 hours at the store, and there was only one couple i saw that night that had issues with their insurance. For everyone else (myself included), they had all of the paperwork sorted out ahead of time with the insurance company. It should go smoothly.

Good luck! You won't regret it!

I just changed the vehicle on my policy. They haven't ask me for the RMV-1 yet. I guess this is something that Tesla folks will handle on the day of delivery.

Hi one more thing....is this the ready for delivery text you mentioned?

This is Adrian at Tesla letting you know your Tesla Model 3 is now scheduled for delivery on 12-10-2018 at 5:30PM at our Dedham location! Please log on to www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete your account profile. Feel free to reply if you have any scheduling concerns.

No. I did get that text for my original delivery date of 12/4. Then it got delayed to 12/12. But then last week I got all excited because I received this text:

Your Tesla is ready! If you'd like to take delivery earlier than 12/12/2018, please reply "YES" and a Tesla rep will reach out to schedule your new appointment.
And of course I replied YES, and never got a reply. I did see in this thread that others had received it too and it was probably an automated message, so I didn’t get my hopes up.

I did, they said rmv closes at 5, got paperwork signed before that time; then it took another hour to get the plates and the car.

I don't really get the timing, I have a 530pm appointment, my insurance agent closes at 4:30pm and I've never been able to get any confirmation that they have the insurance agent info I've emailed multiple times -- I know they haven't reached out to my agent. If I sign the RMV-1 during my scheduled appointment time, it's not going to do much good that day.

Still trying to get someone in Dedham on the phone. I did just notice today my Dec 10 delivery appointment is now showing December 12th so while I'm bummed it's delayed, at least I have a couple more days to try to make sure I'm able to leave with a registered car.

I did get an email which says this "Please reply to this email confirming the completion of your Tesla.com delivery profile, confirming your scheduled delivery date and time as well as with any other questions you may have."

Can't find anything in my account that is called a delivery profile. Wondering if I'm missing something. Has anyone completed a "delivery profile" online?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I just posted this to M3OC forum, thought I'd put it here too. I guess don't wait to long to apply for the Mass rebate!

I'm taking delivery of my MR on Friday, and whamy else would I be doing but reading forums all day. The thought randomly popped into my head that I should check out the Mor-EV webpage, for some reason. And I found this:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE
On January 1, 2019, Rebate Levels and Eligible Vehicles will CHANGE! To learn more, please visit the MOR-EV FAQ

In the FAQ section it states that after 1/1/2019 the rebate should are limited to $1,500 and for BEV and FCEV vehicles with a cost below $50,000 only.

My MR is about $2000 under the cap and I'll have it before the change takes place, so I'm hoping they should honor the original $2500 rebate. The only thing I'm worried about is if I don't get all the paperwork I need for the application from Tesla and then have to track it down. Has that happened to anyone/ what should I makes sure that I have before I leave Dedham on Friday?

Reactions: intenost
I don't really get the timing, I have a 530pm appointment, my insurance agent closes at 4:30pm and I've never been able to get any confirmation that they have the insurance agent info I've emailed multiple times -- I know they haven't reached out to my agent. If I sign the RMV-1 during my scheduled appointment time, it's not going to do much good that day.

Still trying to get someone in Dedham on the phone. I did just notice today my Dec 10 delivery appointment is now showing December 12th so while I'm bummed it's delayed, at least I have a couple more days to try to make sure I'm able to leave with a registered car.

I did get an email which says this "Please reply to this email confirming the completion of your Tesla.com delivery profile, confirming your scheduled delivery date and time as well as with any other questions you may have."

Can't find anything in my account that is called a delivery profile. Wondering if I'm missing something. Has anyone completed a "delivery profile" online?

Thanks!

I was told that they contact your agent 48 hrs prior to delivery to get the stamp. The delivery profile refers to the info they require, your license, insurance info (doesn’t have to be model 3 specific), whether you are trading in a car and your payment info. Good luck.