TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Deep Blue Metallic color change?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 10dot, Aug 24, 2018.

1. 10dot

10dot Member

I've been checking my order page compulsively since I ordered my Model S. It's currently built and in-transit (I'm supposed to take delivery next week).

Up until this afternoon, the color showed as the nice dark "deep blue metallic" that I ordered. Now, however, it's showing as the same (much lighter) blue from the Model 3. It looks like all of the marketing/etc images on the site have been updated to reflect this change.

Anyone know when this changed? I just *really* hope it's a website/cosmetic thing to reflect the current state of things and not a "surprise, we actually painted your car this other blue you don't like!".

2. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

?? The blues are the same on both cars. Model S hasn't had the very dark blue since 2015.

3. 10dot

10dot Member

I'm not talking about the super dark blue, I'm talking about the deep blue metallic. I've seen a couple of other threads reporting the same thing re: blue changing on the website so it must be a cosmetic thing only.

I was almost sure the model 3 blue was lighter like that.... I've only seen one blue model 3 in person, though, to be fair.

4. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

• Informative x 1