Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy cow--I called the 1-888 number in the post at the bottom of the previous page...quick backstory--I'd had to not accept an Aug 28 delivery due to unmovable travel and was TRYING to be patient and not call incessantly. BUT I cracked and called that number last night. The guy on the phone said no VIN yet, and to expect end of October. No biggie but my original financing expires mid October. Oh well. So, TODAY I get a call from the delivery center I'm planning on and actually scheduled the appointment to pick up on the 30th! Logged in and all of a sudden not only is that appointment in my account but I also have a VIN. Woo-Hoo!!!! 94,xxx.

So, my time line has been this:

Non-prior owner
Reservation: 5/30/2017
Configured: 7/19/2018
Blue AWD, Non-P, black premium interior, aero wheels, no EAP (and no edits ever)
Delivery: Richmond, VA
Edit button gone/trade in and bank info requested 8/11/2018
Email on 8/14 for ‘car arriving on lot’ 8/25, and pick up 8/28.
Plan third party loan and trade in, but with a very low offer on my car changed to loan+ach for balance
Phone received phone call 8/15 to follow up the email--had to decline due to important/immovable travel
Never saw the VIN
got the end of September mass text message--called and no car
Called 10/8 and given estimate for the end of this month
Received call 10/9, and now updated MVPA with VIN and confirmed appointment.

I have no idea if my call actually stimulated something, the guy assured me my account was not in limbo, but at this point I don't care. I have a date and a VIN! I'm debating about rolling the dice and getting a one way rental with the idea that there will be no hiccups taking delivery (I live almost 3 hours away from the delivery center).
Yeah, good taste in Model 3s (my exact config). Hopefully my delivery is not too far behind yours since your date is already end of October. :eek:

Also, I love your Doggie pic!

Reactions: ZoomDoggie
Just got ISA email/text today. Car will be ready for pick up 10/25. VIN 94,xxx. I went to the Tesla dealership in Springfield and they gave me my VIN and pinged the car. It is in Illinois. Expected arrival at dealer on 10/22.

I had the same conversation yesterday... it looks like we might be on the same train. Apparently our cars are currently in Chicago

I decided after being rescheduled twice to drive by my tesla service center yesterday, and I $h1t you not my car was sitting there plugged into the charger, chillin..... I about had a stroke...Supposedly it had just showed up earlier in the morning. I was scheduled to pick it up monday 10/15. I took it home last night.
zazu.JPG

I decided after being rescheduled twice to drive by my tesla service center yesterday, and I $h1t you not my car was sitting there plugged into the charger, chillin..... I about had a stroke...Supposedly it had just showed up earlier in the morning. I was scheduled to pick it up monday 10/15. I took it home last night. View attachment 343436

Awesome congrats! I'm wondering where my car could possibly be right now.... same exact build and similar VIN. What's the 4th number of your VIN?

Ha - I also had two Volts the same years as yours....

Congrats on the new ride.
Contrats to you on your new ride! I got a VIN and delivery date yesterday. Nov-5 can't come too soon...

Hey, I have a 2014 Sprinter 2500 "adventure van"! What do you use yours for? I'd love to have a diesel/electric hybrid Sprinter.

[Forum: Don't ban me for using the 'D' word please!]

Just called Mt Kisco and was told my DBM/White interior is due in on the 22nd! Quite a bit earlier than the 31st which is finally some good news.

Yep. my DA called me and updated the new due date to 20 to 22 Oct. It appears all the blues are on the same truck.
I would have been much happier if they have delivered before 14 oct as I missed my CHEPR rebate by 1 week.. :( just because of these bunch of delivery jokers.