Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Default Chill Mode? Why? [speed limit mode is enabled]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F97EAD70-6708-450C-B857-9046FF82B0A4.jpeg
59DC5B7E-37B6-4A06-83A4-A139DF673312.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
The answer to the thread question appears to be in the screenshot the OP provided. Underneath the word "chill", it says "Speed limit mode is enabled". That seems to be the answer to the question being asked.

For more corroboration of this, this can be found specifically explained in the tesla model 3 manual. Either OP set speed limit mode on accident, or they are not the primary driver of the vehicle and whomever that is set that mode.

=================================
(link to manual above, the specific and full explanation from the manual on this setting below, including why chill mode is on)

Speed Limit Mode​

Speed Limit Mode allows you to limit acceleration and limit the maximum driving speed to a chosen value between 50 and 120 mph (80 and 193 km/h). The first time you use this feature, you must create a 4-digit PIN that you must use to enable and disable Speed Limit Mode. When enabled and the driving speed approaches within approximately 3 mph (5 km/h) of the maximum speed, a chime sounds, the touchscreen displays a message, and Model 3 sends a notification to the mobile app. You can also touch Security > Speed Limit Mode to enable from the Tesla mobile app. To enable Speed Limit Mode:
  1. Ensure Model 3 is in Park.
  2. Touch Controls > Safety > Speed Limit Mode on the touchscreen.
  3. Select the maximum driving speed.
  4. Drag the slider to the On position.
  5. Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to use to enable and disable Speed Limit Mode.
    Note
    If you forget the PIN, you can disable Speed Limit Mode by entering login credentials for your Tesla account.
Note
While Speed Limit Mode is enabled, the acceleration setting (Controls > Pedals & Steering > Acceleration) automatically sets to Chill.

Upvote 0
Don’t you just love the new OP's who:
  1. Don’t bother to formulate a question
  2. Just throw up a pic and expect us to guess what the "boo-boo" is
  3. Don't introduce themselves
  4. Don’t bother to respond after good people try and help
  5. Don't share year and/or model spec
  6. Ghost the thread
  7. Don’t say please or thank you.
Please don’t slag me despite my being a bit of an a-hole about this, but I come from a generation of manners.

Peace out - JP

Upvote 0
  6. Ghost the thread
Please don’t slag me despite my being a bit of an a-hole about this, but I come from a generation of manners.

Peace out - JP
Classic one-night stand

Upvote 0
  6. Ghost the thread

Peace out - JP
I have found that people fit into a couple categories that cause this issue. I give them a little leeway when they are younger... as it could be an autism spectrum disorder. My son is autistic and is high functioning. A question that I ask him frequently is "how do you expect me to know what you meant, that is not what you said" and "I need a response". I am not trying to be a jerk, but the kid has no idea that I don't know what he is thinking... legitimately... he thinks I just know what is going on in his head, along with everyone else. I am doing my best to drill into his head that responses are needed and questions need to be formulated well. It is a typical autistic feature, and someone doesn't need to be fully diagnosed on the autism spectrum to have this disorder.

So, I would assess that the OP is:

• Autistic
  • Inconsiderate
  • died

One ore more of the above!

Upvote 0
I believe at this point the OP's question was answered. So quit all the comments that are not relevant. The OP had a question and this is a forum where many of you putting up comments have owned or have been on the site a long time. Cut the OP some slack and stop the comments that are not relevant to the question. It is embarrassing to see these comments.

Upvote 0