Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Default home screen rear camera instead of navigation screen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would anyone out there prefer to have the rear camera be the default home screen instead of navigation screen? Or better yet, have a setting to choose one or the other? I use my rear camera more than my rear view mirror in my Model 3. By the way, does Tesla have an on line suggestion box?

I prefer to use the rear camera display all the time and would like to be able to choose is as the default screen. When I owned a MS, I was able to split the screen and have one of them be the rear camera all the time, with audio or nav or whatever on the second screen. That was ideal.

Would anyone out there prefer to have the rear camera be the default home screen instead of navigation screen? Or better yet, have a setting to choose one or the other? I use my rear camera more than my rear view mirror in my Model 3. By the way, does Tesla have an on line suggestion box?
Why not be able to split the screen is two windows like the Model S and Model X?

I prefer to use the rear camera display all the time and would like to be able to choose is as the default screen.
When I owned a MS, I was able to split the screen and have one of them be the rear camera all the time,
with audio or nav or whatever on the second screen. That was ideal.
Well, I installed a small 7" rear view camera display just in front of the steering wheel.

The main project was to install a small camera under the front of the car just below the license plate.
I use this camera to exit from my driveway, as it was difficult to see the cars coming from the left side of the street,
without having the front of the car to close to the moving cars or been hit by a bicycle or an electric scooter.

I also installed a rear view camera, since the display allows having two input cameras.

I used a Model 3 ProClip Holder to keep the display stable and at the correct height, in front of the steering wheel.

The definition is not as good as the Tesla rear view display but it is sufficient for my need and cheap.
There are better quality cameras with 7 and 9 inch display and 1080 definition but this is more expensive.

Tesla Model 3 - Camera - Front Bumper - Side View .jpg

Last edited: