Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Definitive OEM Tire Life Poll

How long did the OEM tires on your Model 3 last?

• Less than 25k miles and I drive like a speed demon (hard accels, hard stops, etc.)

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Less than 25k miles and I drive like a regular person

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • More than 25k miles and I drive like a speed demon (hard accels, hard stops, etc.)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • More than 25k miles and I drive like a regular person

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I'm lucky and I got 35k+ miles!

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • I haven't replaced my OEM tires yet but I wanted to vote anyways

Votes: 45 37.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A fair point as I forgot the model 3 performance comes with summer tires. However, I cannot edit the poll which I would be happy to do.

(moderator note)

I had not tried before but it looks like I can edit the poll for you (<--volunteer moderator for model 3 section of TMC). If you would like to add choices to your poll, PM them to me with exactly what you want and I will copy paste it into your poll

I don't believe most Tesla owners drive like a regular person. They may think they do... but...

I think this is the true reality.

I've had a few times where I drove my usual routes conservatively for energy savings and noticed I had never went around certain corners so slow even though that's the speed most others drivers do. At least for me, I default to accelerating and cornering a significant bit faster and it became the norm.

Reactions: android04
I think this is the true reality.

I've had a few times where I drove my usual routes conservatively for energy savings and noticed I had never went around certain corners so slow even though that's the speed most others drivers do. At least for me, I default to accelerating and cornering a significant bit faster and it became the norm.

the test is to put the car in chill mode and see if it feels any different when you drive to work/ store/etc.

Reactions: android04
I've heard of this possible "accommodation"... how does one do this? who to contact? what evidence is needed, etc. thx.
On the Michelin website you can submit a tread warranty claim through livechat. They'll give you a case number and local authorized dealers you can make an appointment with who'll measure your tread, miles, and submit to Michelin. I did this a few weeks ago but still haven't heard back though.

I got my new Michelins from Costco who isn't an authorized dealer but they said if they accept the warranty I can submit my Costco order and they'll still reimburse part of what I paid for the new tires.