Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defrosters on while NOT in vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am in Erie, PA w/50+ inches of snow on the ground (X performed surprisingly well in about 20” yesterday with stock 20” tires and set to High suspension) and a couple of times I have tried to warm the vehicle before getting in and have tried to figure out if I can have BOTH the front and back defrosters running while I am outside of the vehicle (including the windshield wiper heaters).

I have entered the vehicle, tapped the icons, flipped the camper mode switch to stay on, but every time I get back in the settings have simply reverted to the main heater.

Has anyone found a way to make them run when out of the vehicle - either from the app or via camper mode?

Vehicle has been plugged in and charging each time so power supply is NOT the problem.

BTW - the windshield wiper heaters, I think, are pretty useless....they froze up very quickly in the cold (teens) yesterday - had to pull over a few times to “spank” them on the window to clean them off - frustratingly, when you get out of the vehicle with the fob in your pocket they retract....sucks at an intersection in 20” of snow and still snowing....

Thanks.